Chapter 17: The Vision and Jewels Kingdom

It was a long travel to Jewels Kingdom and in that time my friends had caught up to tell me of Percy and his army at Faldin. Also that my mother was a little disappointed that I was a no show. They had no idea she was my mother.

"How much further?" I asked Princess Lilly who had her hood over her head at all times on the travel back to her home.

"Another day at most." She said softly. Then again, we kind of share the same thing. Both of our parents being taken by evil creeps.

"I'm sure your parents are fine, I have known Leo for a long time, he doesn't kill for fun."

"Then I hope he doesn't have a reason." She said.

The night came and we all stopped in a clear field. Which wasn't safe for a night stop, but is easier to lay out for a rest.

Being in a clear field meant that we could easily be spotted. Those who have bows and crossbows can shoot us down before we even know they are there.

My head began to hurt a little. I saw everything flash white for not even a second then back to the darkness of the night.

I walked away from the others and sat alone in the field. Whatever was happening to me, if I were to explode or go crazy, they would have time to re act.

It all stays with me. The anger, the sadness, the fear, all of it. The memories of what i've done. They haunt me.

Leo was my friend, so was Kelly. Even Percy was a friend at one point and they all back stabbed.

The battle at Camelot was intense. All the rain and skeletons. My head kept hurting from thinking about it. I put my hands to my head and held in any voice I could make.

The whole sky flashed and it was daytime. I was laying down in a field with the blue sky above me. I stared right at it and the small clouds that would pass by here and there.

I sat up and could not believe my eyes. There was these metal things going really fast down a pathway. They had wheels, but where were the horses to carry it?

I got up and walked around and turned around for a bit. Eventually one of those metal things crashed into another one.

I walked by it and saw a huge building with a gate to get in. Looking at the gate the building didn't look like much. A sign nearby had this fancy writing that I couldn't read. Except for one.

"Cardos."

I opened the gate and walked in. A bunch of kids like me were swinging swords at each other and messing around.

I saw one kid leading three others to a tree. "This Cardos Academy is great."......

I woke back up on a horse and it was still dark out. Except for the rising sun. Or setting, I don't know what time it was.

All I could think of was, 'what the hell did I just witness?' My head continued to hurt and I didn't even realize I was on a horse going through the woods.

I happened to be on the same horse as Adelle. "How long was I asleep?" I asked. She just kept looking forward.

I was sitting behind her, and either she was ignoring me or not hearing me, she was focused.

I kept quiet as we rode into the gates of Jewels Kingdom. I got off the horse and walked across the courtyard with Princess Lilly.

"Not sure what I was thinking, Lilly. I mean no disrespect in anyway, but when I came to the gates of your kingdom a year ago, I was denied."

Princess Lilly looked down in shame and looked me in the eye. I could see her sadness.

"We wanted no part of Leo and Percy's rage. We hoped to stay out of the fight, but with the sudden kidnapping of my parents. We have been forced into war against them. Well Leo at least..."

"I want Leo..." I struggled to say this clearly. "I want Leo to die for what he has done. Same goes for Percy. They all did so much to me, that it isn't about Cardos anymore."

"Then we are together?" She asked.

"Yea, but don't send me away again." I said and held out my hand. She took it and we shook hands.

"You have a deal, Queen Alice."

We went our separate ways and to my surprise I found my three friends all gathered up a table talking. I sat down next to Alex since Adelle and Henry have been a little too close.

"What i'd miss?" I said.

"We are discussing on what to do when we come across Leo again. We haven't seen him since getting jumped back at Cardos while trying to take on Snow the dragon."

"Well." I said. "I have something to tell you guys." After a little silence as they wanted to hear what I had to say, I spoke.

"Something has been holding me back. It took a lot of thinking and a lot of silence, but I think I found the answer. I grew up with no father and a sick mother at all times. I had an uncle who pretty much was my father. He was something to admire. To be dark and evil and then see the error of his ways and turn to the good guys.

But I also had a friend. The one that no longer dines with us. We all knew him as a brother, as a knight, he was also the best. Leonard was more than a friend to me at one point and that is what's holding me back.

I don't have the guts to put the sword in his chest. I don't have the guts to end his life. Revenge, clearly isn't the right answer. Neither is violence. When the time comes, I hope I can find the guts to put down the man I once called my hero."

I felt myself starting to tear up. Alex put his arm around me. "In the end guys, when Leo does show his face, let me be the one to end him. Its what I feel is right to do."

"We are with you at all times." Alex said.

"Couldn't have a better sister, or leader." Adelle said.

"As always, we are family till the end." Henry said.

"Alice, we have one more mission to do as a team. Take down Leo and Percy. Hands in."

Well all put our hands on top of one another.

"For Jason." I whispered.