Chapter 20: Claire

I sat upon the stone and ice rock that encased Percy deep inside the system. As I sat there a hooded figure approached me and removed their hood. It was my mother and she looked more pale than anything i've ever seen.

"Mom?" I whispered and jumped down from the ten foot stone rock and stood next to my mother.

"I have a feeling that Percy is not dead yet, but close." She said so softly.

"I froze him in the ice and stone. My blade is jammed into his chest while he has wounds on his left shoulder and left hip." I said and looked back at the stone and then my mother.

"You see, Alice. I live, because Percy lives. I thought I broke the curse, but I ended up making a new one. My fate is tied to his. If he is strong, I am strong. As he got weaker, I felt it. As he got stabbed, I felt it."

My mother fell to her knees and stared at the ground.

"I love you alice, and I would hate to give you the memories of killing me twice."

"Mom, no, I discovered something about my magical gift. There is always that one power, everyone gets that no one else has. Mine is radiant healing. I slow down time and a white light appears. It heals everything."

My mother sat down against a tree and looked into the sky.

"Have I told you about the time I watched my father die?"

"No you haven't." I said.

"He was such a good person. He never wanted to argue, when things got tense, he got silent as to not say things he would regret.

He and my mother went to go visit Waltendale, the nearby kingdom. It was attacked by Cyrus. I thought he had died there. He made it out. My mother, I haven't seen her since she left that day.

My father however, had this fighting will. He believed in life was natural, meant to be. If anyone put something negative on it, he would defend it.

So he fought and killed three dragons. Before the waltendale accident that is. I was on my way to Roden when I found a knight resting near by a horse.

Only it wasn't just a knight, it was my father and his horse. He had been stabbed by Sage Chris.

He told me 'kill the dragon for me, your mother and everyone else that dragon killed.' I then told him I would slay every dragon until I was dead or they became extinct.

Alice, I feel myself getting healthier." My mother began to look full again and We looked at the stone that was cracking apart. It shattered everywhere and my sword was thrown into the tree as Percy stumbled from the rubble and fell over the stones.