Chapter 26: Sacrifice

I walked passed the battling armies and went to face the dragons who were being pelted by the tiny swords. They ignored it. Snow the white and blue dragon saw me first. Then Titus the yellow beast.

They breathed fire at me and I formed a boulder in thin air to take the blast. They just growled and took to the air. Flapping their wings and causing strong winds.

I ran deep into the forest to lead them away from the castle. I ran and they burned down trees around me.

I stumbled and fell over one of the burning branches. My family came to help me. Adelle, Alex, and Henry.

"We fight the dragons together." Alex said. I smiled as he helped me up. Only. I didn't need the help.

I blasted my friends with air and sent them back away from me. The dragons landed in front of me. I concentrated my magic and made a magical shield around me and the dragons.

On this morning, I gladly give my life for this Kingdom.

The dragons lowered their heads to level theirs with mine. They stood far from me, but the shield covered just the three of us.

They lowered their heads and opened their mouths. One blast and I would be gone.

This shield is designed to magnify the power of dragon fire. They would end up burning themselves in this shield, I would die with them.

I turned my head and saw my friends pounding on the shield.

I dropped my shield and sword and took off my helmet. I looked at the dragons and stared at them. Waiting for them to end me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. The dragons let out their fire blast. In that moment, The White Light appeared and I could see the fire slowly coming towards me.

"I never got to say goodbye...."