Chapter 13: Battle For Cardos (1)

"So she returns?" A voice said and I turned around to face the voice. It was Leo. That traitor was going to pay for all that he caused me.

"It is my castle after all." I said in response.

"Well, it is great that you are back. The whole kingdom has been looking for you. Guards on massive duty. Top guards out at the entrance of the kingdom. Along with bushes to cover up side wall climbing. How did you do it?"

"Simple. I took out your guards took their shield and sword and snuck in through my bedroom window."

"Interesting coming from someone who abandoned this place to begin with."

"It was attacked by you and Snow and it fell. At least i'm here now to rebuild it from its dark era."

Leo drew his sword and swung at me. I did the same back and we collided weapons for a while. I kicked him in the stomach and then slammed my shield into his head as he hunched over from the gut kick. The shield was sealing the deal.

He fell to the ground with a bloody head. I stared at him as he laid dazed from his headache.

"Want to continue old friend." I asked him. He didn't say anything. Instead I heard the warning bell and ran to the window that overlooked the kingdom. It wasn't me they were after. It was my friends from Thunder Peake. They were storming Cardos. Every villager of Thunder Peake was on its way in.

I turned around to Leo who had gotten to his knees and stared at the ground. I kept my sword near him and waited for a movement.

He seemed to be lost. Instead I knocked him out with my shield. I walked to the exit and saw the knights rushing out to attack my friends.

I forced the floor to come up beside them, a stone wall that smack across all the enemy knights and then I buried them under the castle when putting the floor back. I ran into the throne room and saw Percy sitting in the throne.

"Well this is interesting." Percy said and stood up out of the throne. His dark hair and red eyes was all I could see of him. He pulled a hood over his face and made shadows, more like darkness surround his body.

"I'm afraid you are too late young one."

"I would disagree." I said. Standing my ground awaiting a strike from him.

"I've heard good things from you. Like the courage to kill your own mother." Percy crossed the line with that one as he walked around the throne.

"I had no choice. She was being used and in the end she didn't want to be your evil pawn."

"You fail to realize just like your mother did. If she had figured out what spell to use to break my curse she could have been alive again. Well Leo brought her back. Speaking of Leo where is my warrior?"

"Knocked out in my room."

"He is such a failure. His drive is impressive, but his work for evil is just so horrible. I don't even know why he tries."

We stood there in silence as Leo entered the room with a bloodied face.

"You fail me over and over again Leonard. Now it's time that I fail you." Percy lifted up his hand as to steal the life from Leo.

"No, Percy. You have only failed yourself. Being to much of a corruption, a plaque on this planet. You overlooked success. Under estimated your enemies. Just because you have strength and power, doesn't mean you have allies that will stand your ground when you are weak."

Leo did something and picked up Percy from across the room and slamed him into the wall.

"Because of you, my mind was corrupt. Because of you, my judgement was clouded. Because of you, Percy, I lost the only family I had. You killed my mother in front of me."

I could see darkness shrouding both Leo and Percy. I stood by and watched speechless as to what was happening.

The dark cloud around Percy vanished, leaving a cloaked man with red eyes jammed into a wall.

"Can't you feel it Percy. The darkness leaving you and into me. Whose the dark one now?"

Something didn't feel right. As Leo seemed to become himself again. He turned to revenge to attack Percy. Leo was even draining the darkness from Percy.

"Leo this isn't right." I said to him. He ignored me and got closer to Percy who was jammed into the wall still. Slowly fading away.

"Its revenge, Alice. Sweet revenge. He killed your family too. Your mother, your father, even your uncle. You even ran in here to kill him as well."

"I ran in here to kill him, not take all his power."

"But why let it waste away." He dropped Percy and then picked me up and began to choke me. He had this sudden thirst for power. It was scary.

"We were friends once, Alice. Even a little closer than that. We were almost a couple. Then Percy ruined it and our love."

"I could never love you again, Leo. You changed sides and as far as I can see. You still haven't left." He threw me into the wall and the whole thing came down on me.

I over heard Leo and Percy talking while I was dazed under the rubble.

"Do you know what revenge is, Percy?"

"Something i'm about to do." Percy said and I heard a terrible scream from Leo. I could almost feel his pain.

"Did you believe you could steal my power. All that corruption and evil." Leo screamed even more and louder.

"Alice, we will cross paths again. Just know, the kingdom is yours once again. Leo's dragons are now mine and good luck in defeating me in the future. I would like to keep what honor I have left. We will fight again when we both have regained our strength." I heard his footsteps leave the room and I couldn't move myself.

"Check under that Rubble." A faint voice called out as I passed out.