Chapter 29: The Message

We all listened as the orb spoke, or Alice in this case.

"Hey guys, if you guys are listening to this then we won. We beat Leo and his dragons. Only I didn't make it.

I knew my time would come with that shield and the flames that consumed the dragons and I.

I saw it through a dream. I know you probably questioning why I did what I did, but you have to listen to me.

I wish there was another way, but you have to understand why I did this. It wasn't for me. It was for all of you.

To live happily ever after.

I would like to thank all of you individually for my great memories and adventure.

Henry, I know you and I didn't talk much because of our troubled past. I'm sorry to have wasted time worrying about our distrust when I could have made a great friend with you. You are an awesome knight and I see the way you treat my sister Adelle. Keep her happy Henry.

Adelle, my sister, I could not have had a better sibling in my life. You were always there and we had our arguments. I'm glad you followed me that night and busted me for having magic. It made me who I was in the end. A sorcerer. Adelle, don't change at all, you are perfect already.

Alex, lastly, I would like to say this at the one time I can. I love you, and not even Leonard got in the way. It was always you and I was too blinded to see that. It took sleepless nights for my eyes to open up and see that.

You were the one I should have focused on. Now that i'm gone, I ask one favor of you. Burn the rest of my body.

I want to be taken out to the lake behind Cardos. Laid out on a boat filled with grass and leaves. I want to be burned sailing across the lake.

You three, were all I could ever ask for. Even as Queen for the short time I was. I resented it. I pass on the crown to the next leader who has high hopes for a better world.

I'm passing the crown to Alexander, My hero that I never got to share a drink with. Good bye my knights." Alice started to sob as she spoke.

"I will miss you all and accept my death that was to come. Celebrate like Royalty, King Alex, Adelle the Healer, and Henry the Juggernaut." She stopped there.