Chapter 15: The Crown of Confusion.

I woke up in a bed and immediately felt like dying. I could not feel my legs and my face felt burned. Even my arms had some burn marks. I tried to sit up, but the medic was there to lay me back down. She looked familiar.

"Rest my queen. We are all hoping for a wonderful recovery from you."

"Can I know what happened?"

"Well, I don't know the story best, but what I do know is that you took on Percy and won. Your friends from Thunder Peake raided this place and won as well. The kingdom is yours again."

I just nodded and closed my eyes. "How long will I be out?"

"Its all up to your legs. They are very weak from being crushed by the throne room wall."

"I think I will just go back to sleep then." I started to let myself drift away back someone came into the room and I opened my eyes back up. It was Alex.

"Hey Lone Wolf." He said as he sat in a chair next to me.

"Hey, Alex." I said weakly. I remembered what happened in the throne room. Being choked by Leo.

"I could never love you again, Leo. You changed sides and as far as I can see. You still haven't left."

Me and Alex had a bit of a private conversation at that point. Something to keep between me and him. It did help me sleep a little better.

A few weeks later and I was out in the knight's training ground on a cloudy morning getting ready to do my first sword fight in a long time.

I pulled one my last glove and was about to head out when someone stopped me.

"My queen, why are you gearing up for battle." I turned around and saw Lady Bella. She is what we call the planner. She said for me to be prepared for a ceremony later tonight. In the meantime I was gonna duel some new knights.

"Training the new knights, why?"

"Don't forgot to be the in the throne room later. We are crowing you officially now that you are healthy enough to walk on your own."

"Crowning me? As in the queen?" I was almost too happy to do anything else after that. I delayed the combat training with the new knights until tomorrow and ran back to my room.

My mother told me this day would come and she wanted me to wear the same dress she wore. I kept it safe all this time. Well except when Percy took over for a year and destroyed my room. He never found the dress thankfully.

I opened up a chest that I hid under my bed. I dug to the far bottom and pulled out a white dress with gold lining along the opening edges.

Holding it did make me feel weird. The memory of me killing my mother was coming back to me. It was haunting me more than I thought it would. Leo becoming that evil creature in the throne room was just as bad. I've never even seen Percy that dark and Percy is darkness itself.

The time had come and I stood in front of the throne, overlooking all the citizens and knights. Everyone here was watching me. I had to give a speech.

"It has been a dark time from this kingdom. Some of you here, have probably been here when it was King Mason, then his son Taylor who chose not to have power and gave it to my father Jason.

From there to my Mother, Claire, then my Uncle Chris. Lastly, the crown has been passed on to me. In this dark time however, we are all still here through all the issues. Two dragon attacks, two wars, even imprisoned by darkness itself. We all stand here to watch me get crowned as the new queen of Cardos.

Its just not about the crown for me. Its about making sure we all live peacefully. We sadly can not do that with Percy and Leonard still out there. As most of you know I got the power of magic from my mother, but there is also a detail I wish to share.

It happened in the time Percy took over. I fled to Camelot with my team of knights. Alex, Adelle, and Henry. In that time of Camelot there was a battle that Leonard waged. I had to defeat the magical source that was casting out the heavy rain and skeleton army. That person happened to be my mother, Claire.

There is nothing that hurts more than defeating my mother from a second chance in life. I will do what she wanted me to do.

Long ago she asked me if I would wear this dress, the same one she wore when she was crowned. There was also another one. She asked me to finish what she started. That is to end the line of my family. The Bennet reign ends here with me. We are descendants of evil and we fight for the light. You never know what could be if I was evil like Percy. When I die, get ready to pick your ruler because I won't."

I sat down in the throne and everyone applauded, which put a smile on my face. Something I definitely needed.

An older man walked up to me and held out a crown in his hands. He turned to the crowd.

"I crown the rightful heir of Cardos, Alice Bennet as the new queen. Queen Alice, The Knight of Cardos." He put the crown on my head and everyone applauded once again, but with a cheer this time.

"Long live the queen. Long live Queen Alice." Over and over again. The rest of the night went by slowly as I sat in my throne and everyone else dined around me. I drank from chalice often enough to make it seem like I was enjoying myself. Only thing was, I feared I would be targeted even more by my enemies now.

I left my throne and went outside to the Cyrus statue. To think my parents killed that dragon.

"It definitely was quite the battle."