Awkward Goodbyes

It was the 2nd of January already and my bags were getting packed in to the bus. I sat on the fence outside the house holding Harley in my arms. I know I was going to have to say good bye but I didn’t want too. I just couldn’t handle saying good bye to my little girl.

“You ready?” Andy asked sitting next to me.

“Yes and No” I smiled back at him.

“Promise I’ll take good care of her” he grinned at me.

“I know you will Andy” I looked up over at Ashley who was standing in the door way of the house. I leant over and gave Harley to Andy, so I could go talk to Ashley. As I approached him, he stepped back inside.

“Ashley please” I begged following him. Lately, it has slowly been getting better, I mean we’re actually been having real conversations.  He turned around and looked at me, sadness filled in his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“...I’m just....Im gonna miss you” he eventually confessed, a smile crept across my face.

“I’m gonna miss you too, but I’ll be back before you know it and you can always visit me” I smiled, almost attempting to go back to ‘Our’ normal. Half a smile, played across Ashley’s face. His arm edged around me pulling me close to him. I continued and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you Ashley and nothing will ever change that”

A tear secretly filled his eyes as I knew the painful memory played across his mind again, it always happened every time we got some type of normal, it happened. I felt his chest gulped in air, as his muscles tensed up.

“You’ve better go” he whispered, looking away from me. I sighed, trying to hide my disappointment. Leaning up to him, I pulled his face back to mine; I reached over and placed my lips on his. Forcefully yet passionately, I kissed him trying to show him how much I still loved him. Both his hands held on to my waist as I felt his body relax and enjoy the moment.

“I will always love you Ariel” he muttered as we broke, finally something! I smiled up at him;

“Your just a sucker for the ‘Biersacks’ I teased and pulled away.

“Don’t you know it” he playfully slapped my ass.

The rest of the band and crew were packed and ready to go.

“Bit weird being on this side of the fence isn’t it?” I smiled at Andy.

“Don’t you know it” Andy smiled and gripped me tight in a hug.

“I’m so proud of you” he whispered to me.

“Thanks Andy” I pulled away and smiled at him.

“Are you crying?” I teased.

“No” he sniffed wiping his eyes.

“Suck it up! Don’t want to let Ash see you cry”

“Don’t want me to see what?” Ashley walked over with Harley in his arms.

“Nothing” Sooked Andy putting it on even more.

I took Harley and gave her one last hug before Andy took her away and said goodbye to the others.

“Well I guess this is good bye” I looked up at Ashley.

“Ariel, I’m so proud of you, I know how much trouble you had with your other band but now your headlining your own tour” He hugged me.

“I know thanks Ashley” I hugged him back.

“I love you, don’t forget that, Harley and I will be waiting for you to come back as soon as possible” he grinned. I leant up and kissed him against before I left, I knew I’d miss his hugs. I had already said good bye to my parents and CC, Jake, Jinxx and Sammi. Juliet however had gone to New york for a few days and I would be gone by the time she got back. Trying not to cry yet again, I got on the bus and sat down on the couch. Looking around, this was going to be my home for the next few months...

“PARTY!!!”Travis yelled as they all bounded over to me tackling me in a massive hug.

“Guys, your killing me” I muffled under them all.  We had just left and I was already missing Harley. Looking at photos on my phone I smiled, she was the best gift any one could give me. She was the reason I was doing this, so she would one day be proud of what I have done and who I have become. All of a sudden I received a message from Ashley. My heart sank, what if something’s happened to her already! Opening it I saw a picture of Ashley holding Harley and looking all puppy dog-eyed up at the camera. ‘Missing you already’ was the caption and my heart melted. How was I going to get through the next few months!!! Even though Ashley and I had reached some type of normal again, I could tell he was still guarded around me. It really hurt now that Ashley had built up those walls again that took me ages to break down but I guess it was my own fault.