The girl who saw Gilding

A/N
THIS IS CALEB'S STORY SO EVERYTHING THAT ISNT IN QUOTATIONS is what he is saying to Alice about his sister and life

NOT EDITED (sorry!)
*******
"I want to hurt you,"

"What?" I moan tiredly, wiping my face (checking for drool honestly). I lift up from his bare chest.

I feel a bit gross and sticky from the heat coming off of his body. I want to lean back into his embrace, but something tells me otherwise. 

"I-I-" his face crumbles and resembles someone much younger and naive. My heart breaks a little seeing him like this.

He gets off the bed and goes to open the doors of the balcony. The lean muscles of his back are visible in the morning light. I wonder if he realizes his ineffable beauty.

His shoulders slump as he looks over his pack with weary eyes. His kingdom of sorts. It was strange to think someone so young, could hold power over hundreds.

I shuffle over to him in the bright light on the balcony. My feet, naturally, are soundless but that doesn't mean that Caleb cannot register even the quietest of sounds.

He turns around to me, watching my slow stride. I see him bite his lower lip.

"Caleb what's going on?" My arms go around his waist and I press my body to his. I really just barely reach his chest in height, so I tighten my hold on him.

Reluctantly he mimics my actions, resting his head on top of mine. Caleb has to lean far down to kiss my temple.

He sighs.

"My father he found a woman..."
*******
She was called a 'healer' of sorts. However she was more of a werewolf that dabbled in the dark arts. Wolves came to her when mates couldn't bond, when deaths came too soon, when pups couldn't or wouldn't shift, or when a pup was of half wolf half human descent was more dominantly human.

My younger sister, Molly, was dominantly human. My father having changed after my mother passed; started b-beating - me mostly and my other brother Wyatt. After that he started the Raids.

Our pack was always a warrior one. Some packs are peace keepers, some rulers, some are actual healers to wolves, but mine has always been inherently warriors-even those who are not born to this pack gradually become fighters, assisting other packs, that, in turn benefit the Lupus society as a whole. One part fails and we all fail. That's society and we nourish and rejuvenate it at will.

We were known for raids of rogue cults and for curious humans, but not for raids of other packs. That, that, most wolves would deem unnatural. To kill your own kind. To look your brothers and sisters in the eyes and remove their mortality. That's sinful. That's shamefully disgusting.

My father started the Raids two months after my mother was killed. I was three at the time. Hundreds died when he rampaged everyone and everything. Burning villages, taking jewels and money, killing men and-and taking their mates as a past time - my father was well known to favor this. That's why this pack is so well off. Think of it like your kinds' 'blood money ' constructing our empire.

This happened until I was seven.

After the Raids my father checked out. He was only an Alpha for show, Idris's eldest brother, the Beta, ran the pack. He taught me pack tradition and pack methodology.

I began learning how to become an Alpha when I was four, during the Raids. Once they stopped I began to act as one.

I'd begun to run borders and do patrols of the territory three years prior, as I was to be Alpha at fifteen. I was used to the routine rogues that searched for a challenge. Most rogues knew of our situation; how our Alpha was absent and that his eldest son was attempting to become Alpha. Something about the situation intrigued them like nothing else.