The girl who takes it off

Song: Elastic Heart, Sia
________
"Alice," I feel a poke on my stomach.

"If no one is dying and or on fire do not, I repeat do not poke me again Nova." You really do have to lay down the line with these girls these days.

"Alice wake up. I'm really hungry and I don't want to go into a house full of werewolves unannounced."

I see her point. No one knows she's here yet. I spent all night explaining pack life to her and the in and outs of being a part of Lupus Society. It's no wonder she's a but hesitant to waltz around the pack house.

Rising, I stretch my arms over my head and lean to both sides. With a large, dramatic sigh I strut to the bathroom.

I turn on the water and step into the shower. Warm water runs down me in rivets. I wash my hair and body as quick as I can.

I'm about to step out when my eyes focus on my inner arm.

The branding is still there. Burned deeply into my flesh are two horizontal lines and the moon. The color is what I zero in on. Angry red and light pink, the skin surrounding is as pale as can be.

I feel this sense of disgust rise in me. Why me? Why won't he let me forget? Why won't it ever go away?

My nails are a bit longer that my usual close cut. They're still rounded and filed.

One of my shaky hands reaches to touch it. I'm met with bumpy skin. All I feel is him. Darren. A little piece of him on me forever.

"My sister's killer," I whisper to myself, "Here. With me. Forever." I shake my head.

It has to go.

My newly elongated nails begin scratch at my skin. Scratch, scratch, scratch. I don't really feel any pain so I rub along with it in viscous marks. I start seeing red in my vision.

The water becomes so much hotter. Pouring out in scalding streams.

It won't come off. Why won't it come off? I scratch harder and some red liquid leaks out of me.

I. Need. It. Off.

Off off off.

My nails peel and tear at the bleeding arm as if it were a foreign paper. I feel no pain so that arm must not be mine.

Finally the skin starts to shred off. An overwhelming feeling of success floods into me.

Good, good. Now it's coming off.

I faintly hear someone screaming. They keep screaming like a worried angel.

A muffled cry escapes me. "Oh," I moan.

The door to the bathroom burst open. Then the glass shower door follows in suit.

Nova releases a loud, sad gasp. Her hands reach up to cover her mouth. She leans to turn off the the water.

I cover my body desperately.

A towel is wrapped around me, and I am pulled into her embrace.

"Alice, what happened to you?"

What does she mean?

I glance down at the pain in my arm. Tears escape me as I take in the sight.

Skin practically hangs off my arm in a tired chunk. There's blood everywhere. Running down my arm into the towel, onto Nova, on the floor.

She gets me out and puts me on the bed. I feel my self sink into the squishy surface.

"It came off." I say.

___________

Song- Elastic Heart, Sia.

Picture- self explanatory

LSM