two [new]

(EARLY AND NOT EDITED)

(ivy, frank ocean)

"Expectation is the root of all heartache."
-Shakespeare

    "You want me to drive?" Caleb's gaze is on Alex, trailing down her entire body and she can feel it

    "You want me to drive?" Caleb's gaze is on Alex, trailing down her entire body and she can feel it. It does a thousand things to her at the same time and this scares her.

    "I'm good," she says, then furthers, "you take your car and I'll take mine."

    He falters in his stride. "Its not a big deal Alex-"

    "Actually it is." Her voice turns cold. After a few seconds of silence she says out of guilt, "Maybe you'll end up hating me by the end of it."

    He laughs and shakes his head, "Not possible."

    She huffs, "Or the other way around."

    "Sure, alright Ms. 'you take your car and I'll take mine,'" he gestures for her to continue towards the door, "after you."

    She stops. "Don't you have some business deal or something?"

    Caleb scratches the back of his neck, "Yes but I'm sure Mr. Breitman isn't going to be missing me for an hour."

    "You never know." She teases. "I'm going to go tell my sister that I'm leaving, give me a second."

    "Oh, Alex?" There's an amused edge to his voice. As if he knew something that she didn't.

    "Yeah?"

    "Didn't you arrive with your sister?"

    "Yeah, so?"

    "With one car?" He stares at her, trying to see if she'll get it.

    "Yes."

    "Is she coming with us too then?"

    "Why would she- oh, oh." She laughs realizing what he was saying. "So I guess we won't be going." A part of her is disappointed, but a larger part of her is relieved to be free of Caleb. He was just so...too much.

    "Or," he smiles with false sweetness, "I could just drive."

    Alex shakes her head.

    He moves so quickly she hardly can register it. His hands find her waist and his head is tilting down toward her. Her lips part and a sigh leaves her. Jesus. Her dress starts to get pulled to the side, "Again?" he asks quietly, threateningly.   

    Yes, the thought. "No its fine," she murmurs, trying so desperately to swallow down the urge to beg him to continue.

    Caleb smirks and sets her dress back into place. "Off we go then."