Part 7

When the bell finally rang I walked with Scott outside and we sat on the stairs.

"Sooo.. what do you think about AP Biology?" I asked him.

"She is a little bit harsh, isn't she?"

"Yep." I agreed.

"Hey!" I heard and we turned to see Stiles running to us. "You two are coming with me."

"But we have a free period." I protested.

"So do I. And so does Theo Raeken. Let's go." Stiles said and we followed him back to school. It took us some while but then we found Theo in library.

"We need to talk." Scott said and Theo looked at us. I looked around and saw a few more students.

"But not here." I said. We went to boy's locker room.

"How did you become werewolf?" Stiles asked and Theo started talking.

"I was skating in a neighbor's empty pool, trying to do a handplant. Nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder, but I guess I was feeling pretty determined, because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize that was night until the yard lights came on. Like I said, I wasn't really good. On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there at the bottom of the pool and I realized something. I never heard the board come back down. It came at me fast. I barely had a chance to turn around before he bit me. Right here." He said and pointed at his side.

"It wasn't an accident. He wanted to turn you." Scott said.

"But why are you here then? Why aren't you part of his pack?" I asked. It just didn't make sense to me.

"Because by the time of my first full moon, he was dead."

"How did you know that?" Stiles asked and we exchanged looks. We both didn't believe him, that's for sure.

"I met another one of his pack a couple weeks later. He told me the Alpha that bit me was killed by two of his own Betas. They were twins." Oh no, Aiden and Ethan. "Scott, listen to my pulse. I'm telling the truth."

"Right. Or you just know how to steady your heart rate while you're lying your ass off." Stiles said and I nodded frowning at Theo.

"Why would I lie?"

"Because maybe you're not who you say you are."

"Okay. Kenzie, I remember when we skipped school and went to the woods instead. We found a dead wolf. You were so sad and you kneeled to the wolf and said to me that he didn't have pack. That he lived and died alone. I've been by myself this whole time. Lone wolves don't make it on their own. You taught me that. I swear I am that same kid from the fourth grade." He said and then he turned to Scott. "I was hoping you are too."

I sighed. It was true, we found the dead body of a wolf. I guess that was the first time my powers started to show up because when I touched the wolf I could feel that he's been alone his whole life and it broke my heart. The bell rang.

"I better not be late for class. You're not the only ones I need to make a good impression on." Theo said and then he left. Scott looked at Stiles, his eyes were basically saying 'I told you so.'

"No. Don't give me that look." Stiles said shaking his head.

"We have to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

"Not this time. I'm right. Kenzie agrees with me, right?" Stiles turned to me but I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to think.

"No, no, no. Don't say he convinced you."

"I don't know, okay?" I said.

"There is something off about him. I can feel it." Stiles muttered.

"Lydia is the psychic. Not you." Scott said and walked away.

"Actually Lydia is a Banshee." I shouted after him.

I sighed and looked at Stiles. "So what are we going to do?"

"I know exactly what are we going to do." He said and I could tell that he has a plan.