Part 41

"What do you mean 'No'." Liam said angrily.

"Liam, look at her. She's too weak. It will kill her. We don't even know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it is actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her life."

"It saved mine." Liam protested.

"You know, that was different. You were hanging off a ledge."

"You promised. You said you'd do everything you could."

"Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her. There has to be... There has to.." Scott started gasping for air.

"Where is your inhaler?" I asked.

"Here." Theo said and threw the inhaler to Scott.

"There's another way to save her." Scott continued and looked at me.

"I can't. I'm sorry, I really can't do anything." I said.

"Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this. We need to do something."

The sun was just rising on the sky when Scott's mom and my sister entered the Animal Clinic. Kyla pulled me aside. "You need to go." She whispered urgently.

"What do you mean?"

"You have to leave Beacon Hills."

"What? No. No way. Kyla what's happening?"

"I.. I don't know. But the nature is not in balance. Something is going to happen. Something bad. Really bad. You feel it too, don't you?"

I nodded and turned to look at Theo.

"I can't leave my friends."

"Kyla, I need you here." Melissa said.

"Fine, but be careful, because something is going to happen that is really against the nature." She said and quickly walked to Melissa. I followed her.

"What's that?" I nodded to the infusion.

"It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But, the problem is, is that can injure the kidneys and Hayden only has one to begin with, so..." Melissa stuck the needle into Hayden's vein. Hayden whined.

"Hey, you're hurting her." Liam said and grabbed Melissa wrist.

"And you're hurting me." Melissa said. Liam quickly let go of her. "Sorry." He muttered.

"We're her to save a life, not kill each other." Theo said.

"It's the full moon. We can feel it even during the day."

"And it's a Supermoon."

"What is that supposed to make you guys, like super strong? Super aggressive?" Melissa asked,

"Both."