Part 38

"You guys are sure that's where Parrish is taking the bodies?" Theo asked Stiles as we walked through the door to the library.

"Lydia says that's what happens in his dream." Stiles answered.

"I mean, you know if Lydia finds the Nemeton, she's also going to find Donovan.."

"Is that really a bad thing?" I asked. "Secrets are not exactly helping."

"She's also going to find Josh." Stiles said looking at Theo.

"I agree with Kenz. Maybe she should find the bodies. I think things are different now for Scott. Especially after what he did to Corey. I don't think he's going to blame us for defending ourselves. I know he won't blame you two."

Stiles turned and stared at the floor.

"Stiles?"

He looked at me.

"Are you okay?"

"I've never been better." He said sarcastically and walked away. I sighed and waved at Theo as I walked out of the library.

I made my way through the crowd. I was in class when we all heard the sound of ambulance. Everyone got out of the school trying to find out what happened. I stood on my tip toes trying to spot some familiar face. I saw Mason talking to Scott and Theo.

"Excuse me." I said as I pushed myself through the students.

"What happened?" I breathed out when I finally reached them.

"He just started bleeding everywhere. I don't..." Mason said and I turned to see Corey on the stretcher.

"Don't let them do it." He screamed. "Don't let them kill me!"

"Scott, we have to follow them. We gotta protect him, right?" Theo said. Scott was just staring at Corey disappearing in the ambulance car.

"Scott, come on." Theo said again.

"Hey." I said. "Snap out of it." I shook his shoulder.

He finally looked at me.

"Are you coming?" Theo asked me.

"No, I'm going to take care of Mason. Be careful." I said and Scott and Theo ran to the school. Mason looked around confused. He was covered in mercury.

"Come on." I pulled Mason through the crowd into the boy's locker room. He changed into new clothes. I watched him as he washed off the mercury mixed out with blood off his face. He didn't say a word this whole time.

"They are going to save him." I said quietly. He didn't say anything. Maybe because he didn't believe it. Maybe because he knew that I don't believe that myself.