Part 13

When I opened my eyes I saw strong lights on the ceiling. Then I remember what happened.

"Lydia." I said as I tried to get up.

"Wow, wow, wow. Don't do that." Kyla pushed me back to the bed. I was in a hospital room. "What happened? We got to the police station and I was about to h.. Where is Lydia?"

"She had a surgery but she's doing okay now. You fainted because your blood pressure dropped. But you are fine. My shift is ending in the morning. You can wait or..."

"I can take her home." Voice came from the door. Theo was leaning against the door frame. I got out of the bed.

"Thank you." Kyla said to him and then she leaned to me. "He's the one that saved Lydia, but text me if you are okay when you get home anyways." She whispered into my ear and I nodded.

"You saved Lydia?" I asked him when we walked out of the hospital. We got into his car.

"I wouldn't say that. It was nothing. You actually scared me. You just fell and you weren't moving."

"You're worried." He said after a minute of silence.

"No way, Sherlock." I said sourly but then I saw the look on his face. "Sorry, I just. I don't know. Every time something goes wrong I just say to myself that it is okay and the next thing will go right. But lately everything is going wrong and I am losing hope that the next thing will go right. Does that make sense?"

"Can you do something for me?" he asked. His car stopped in front of my house.

"It depends. What do you want?"

"Stop worrying. Just for a minute. Close your eyes." He said and I did it. "Just breathe." I felt his hands on my cheeks but I didn't push him away.

"See? Not that hard." He said when he heard my heartbeat.

"Please, don't leave again." I whispered and I put my hand on his hand that was still on my cheek. I opened my eyes.

"Never." He whispered, his face was just inches from mine.

I sighed and pulled away. "Thanks for the ride."

"It's nothing. See you tomorrow."

When I laid my head on the soft pillow I couldn't stop thinking about Theo. Maybe he is worth of my trust. He saved Lydia. Why would he do that if he's not telling the truth? To confuse us? Maybe he is playing with us. Why is it so hard to me to find out what kind of person he is? I'm pretty good at that with most of people. Yeah, but this is not just an ordinary person, this is Theo freaking Raeken. I don't know what to think about him and that is new to me. I felt like there is something wrong with him. But on the other side, something was telling me to trust him again, to give him another chance. That what I'm scared of. Because this 'something' wasn't coming from my brain or my logical judgement. It wasn't coming from my instincts either. It was coming straight from my heart.