Chapter 4; Where We Belong

"So, do you have a story Lucas?" It was obvious that Alice was trying to get the silence to break, she was not completely comfortable, though she knew quite well that it was agreeing kind of silence and not the judgmental nor the weird nor was it an awkward silence. It was more like appreciative silence, and perhaps that's all it was.
"Well we sort of share the same story," said Lucas pointing at Leena
"What is it?" Asked Keith
Leena started telling the story and she just closed it by saying "and the guilt never went away, and the amends were never made, but i will keep trying."
And the more these four talk the more silence comes upon them, sometimes because of pain, other times because of agreeing to something, sometimes it's simply because they understand each other so much, silence describes it better. They have known each other this night, but they had a connection, they felt a connection. I personally don't believe in destiny, fate, and sparks between lovers, but i can see the connection between these four, it's like they're invincible.
"So why does it affect you, i mean you've been there, but you're not the one who's been through it all, so where's your story?"
"Well i wasn't actually unconscious so it hunts me that if i'd done something maybe he'd still be alive, that's my part" he seemed scared of what they'd think of him so he just spit it out himself  "i know i was a coward, but i'm not anymore, and maybe being a coward got me through a rough night alive, but i've changed. And i'd rather live one day a courageous person rather that 100 years a coward." There it came, the silence, once more. This time, Leena broke it.
"Well i believe learning always has a price, and learning gets paid in guilt, pain, regrets, fears, and mistakes. Mine paid in guilt, yours with fear, hers in pain, but what about you?" She addressed Keith
"He's the death kiss kid, everybody knows his story"
"How do you know it?" Asked Leena
"Do you live under a rock? It's all over social media, youtube, twitter, facebook, instagram, you name it, the kid's famous, take him to hollywood he'll be in the next big movie" Keith has been looking at his phone then suddenly said
"Here's my story"
They watched it and then Keith said "So i guess my story's aim is just to say don't try something you know nothing about"
"This is the deepest talk i've ever had with someone" said Lucas
"Hey, guys you wanna go do some really great things? First time i bet?" Said Alice
"Like what?" Asked Leena
"You just gotta trust me,"
The took off, to Alice's New year's eve adventure. They reached a home, nobody knew whose house was it, but Alice said to wait.
A girl opened the door a little girl about ten years old, she hugged Alice real tight, Alice held her up and said "because we're all part of something bigger, bigger than us, but not bigger than our hearts." And she led them inside, it's an orphanage, a real cosy and nice one. They sat inside they felt happy, it was obvious, they loved the kids, they loved how each and every one of them had his dream new year's eve yet everyone included their friends in it, they didn't have families, yes, but they belonged somewhere, maybe not all of them, but it was inspiring, seeing these kids, life took away their families, yes, but they were happy and thankful for what they had together, the relationship, the kind people that came to visit them, the gifts they got on holidays, and i guess what all four of our friends were thinking is that no matter how life gets tough, no matter how much it takes away from you, and no matter how many bumps you have in your road, life always leaves you hope, faith, and a reason to be happy. Maybe that reason is someone you love, maybe it's satisfaction or inner peace, maybe it's singing or dancing, maybe it's drawing, maybe it's talent, maybe it's a book you read that sets you free and lets you out to the real world, maybe it's the stars in the skies, maybe it's the hope and belief that someone somewhere is like you, or that someone somewhere is happy, and it maybe a stranger you saw smiling on the street, and it could be anything, and whatever it is, it is there, whatever it is, it will never leave, and whatever it is, there's something to be happy about.