Chapter 24 [Part 2 of Bella's P.O.V]

CHAPTER 24 

BELLA'S P.O.V

I didn't think I would end up liking Harry this much. He would listen to me talk and when I would start to cry he would wipe the tear away from my cold cheek and put my hair behind my back. He would smile and look at me in the eyes and tell me that I'm beautiful. Then I would wake up and realize everything was a dream.

It's been two weeks since Zayn and I have broken up. It's now the first week back to university, and I could not think straight. Bradford had been lonely, especially with Niall still missing and Harry getting a new job. Harry brought me home that night after I talked with him and also the night after I broke up with Zayn. I told Harry that I couldn't keep looking for Niall, and he agreed, telling me that Niall was probably not even in Ireland anymore and there was no chance of finding him now. I was sad leaving Niall with Carly all alone somewhere, probably with no job and no place to stay, but it was his decision. He was always looking for excuses to leave and he was always looking for the easy way out. 

"Bella," I heard someone say from the front of the room. "What's the answer? Do you even have it?"

I blinked and look towards the voice. It was my professor, Mr. Connors. "Uh... seventeen?" A loud burst of giggles spread throughout the room and that told me that I had obviously said the wrong answer.

"Ms. Donnelly, I am sorry but that is not the answer," Mr. Connors said, looking at his stubby pink nails. "The correct answer is Edgar Allen Poe."

More giggles. I sunk into my seat and tried to not be seen by anyone, but it was impossible. The huge blackboard on the wall read "Studying Great Writers." Wow, I had really fucked it up this time.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. The fingernail was sharp and the pain rushed through my shoulder. I looked back and saw Gian looking at me. Gian was very attractive. He hard dark brown hair and hazel eyes. "What do you want?" I whispered to him. 

"I heard you were newly single," he said to me, his eyebrows bouncing. I rolled my eyes and stuck up my middle finger up underneath the desk and made sure he saw it. His and his little buddies laughed and Gian smiled my way. He passed me a piece of paper and winked. I gave him an obviously fake smile and turned around, subtly ripping the piece of paper into little pieces and throwing it on the ground.

My jean jacket rubbed up against the chair and my dark brown boots were starting to come untied towards the end of the class. Mr. Connors asked me to answer another question, and luckily, I got it right this time. By the end of class, I was exhausted. But before I could go home and crash, a bouncy brunette came up to me and introduced herself to me.

"Hi! My name is Darla, but D for short!" she said to me, shaking my hand. I looked her up and down and saw that she was beautiful and skinny. Her name didn't really fit her. She semt like a Mandy, not a Darla. "Hi... D," I said in my laziest tone. Hopefully she would get the hint that I wasn't in the mood to talk, but she didn't. She just stood there and stared at me with giant eyes.

"I am here to ask if you want any tutoring!" she said. Her hands were behind her back and she was rocking back and forth on her feet.

"What is that suppossed to mean?" I said.

"It's free!" she said.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"Oh, well, I see that you got that question wrong, and then I thought, 'Hey, it would be totally cool if-'"

"Please stop talking for just one second," I interrupted her. "I got one question wrong. That doesn't mean that I need a tutor."

"One mistake leads to the next!"  she said in the most annoying voice I have ever heard. 

"Yeah, sure," I said. I pushed her out of my way and walked down the hall. But she started to follow me. 

"Something's wrong," she said, walking next to me. I started to speed up my pace so she would start to get tired and slow down. My conditioning was up since I am starting to train for track in the spring, but I was hoping that hers wasn't. 

"Nothing's wrong."

"I can tell when something's wrong." She started to catch up with me. I groweled and walked farther down the sidewalk and closer to my apartment. "You don't even know me. How do you know something's wrong?" I took my apartment keys out of my pocket and considered making a run for it, but I wanted to see where this conversation was going to go.

"I can read people's minds!" she said. I stopped and looked back at her. I gave her a dirty look and she just waved. 

"Okay, 'D,' if you can read minds, how come I'm in a bad mood?"

"It's either because you lost a loved one recently, or you just went through a bad breakup." I stood there and just stared at her. "What? Did I get it right?"

"Yes," I said, then I continued walking. "I did just go through a breakup. Now would you be so nice as to leave me alone? Please?"

"Maybe I could help!" Darla said, running up in front of me. I stopped again and started to walk backwards. She followed me. I stopped again and put my hands on my hips. "Will you just fuck off already?" I said. 

She giggled after hearing me swear. "What's so funny?" I asked, getting even more annoyed. 

"Nothing, nothing," she said, putting her hand over her mouth. "Trust me, I will help you. Let's just... Um... Sit on that bench over there and talk for a bit! I know you will feel better." She pointed to a wooden bench next to a bus stop. 

"No. No. I'm not sitting and talking with a stranger about my problems." I started walking forwards again. But she just blocked me. 

"Fine. You want to talk? I'll talk with you." I sat on the bench and pat the seat next to me. Darla excitedly jumped up and down and started talking. 

"Don't make me regret this," I said, starting off telling her about Zayn. But I didn't tell her his name.