Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

"Francis," I said. The word barely came out of my mouth. "Bella, that's not Francis," Liam said. "That's our friend Niall." I put a hand on my cheek and sat back down, closing my mouth. I looked down at the floor. That's why the boy playing the guitar in the Irish band looked so familiar, and that's why Zayn pulled me close to him. He did know what was going on that night six months ago...

"What's going on, Bells?" Francis, or Niall, said. He tried to sit next to me, but I wouldn't allow him. He pulled up a chair and sat at the head of the booth instead. Zayn pulled me even closer, and I put my legs up on the seats of the booth. Niall looked at me with those soft blue eyes I would look at when I kissed him, and smiled with his newly-braceless teeth. I shook my head in disgust. 

"Surprised?" he said. "Yes, actually," I answered viciously. I was laying on Zayn's hard chest, focusing on the raising and falling of Harry's chest as he lay asleep against the wall. "Tell me now, why are they calling you Niall?" I asked. I was annoyed, now. If I find out that our whole relationship was really a lie, I swear, I will punch somebody. 

"This is another long story..." Niall said. He pulled around his chair so the back was facing the booth. He kneeled and then sat when he got uncomfortable. "Go on," I said, uninterested with the bull shit he was about to tell me.

"Okay, Bella, you're in for a story," Niall said. "It all started with Giana..."

"We don't wanna hear about that bitch," I said. "Just tell the story."

He started off with the scene in the park. It started to rain again, and Niall and Giana were still laying on the earth floor. They were laughing and kissing, a beer in each hand. They sat up and took long swigs of each other's drinks, telling stories about themselves and wiping the dirty drink off their red lips. "That girl was a total hoe," Giana said. "She tried to take you away from me."

Niall then got serious. "That's not very nice, Giana," he said, taking another long sip of his beer, finishing it, and throwing it across the park. It landed with a loud shatter and the night was silent again. "I'm just saying," Giana said, finishing off her beer, too, and opening up a new one. "You know it's true!" Giana said, tickling Niall's chin. "No, I don't," Niall said. "She was my girlfriend for a long time, and I loved her."

"Then why the hell did you tell her your name was Francis?" Giana asked with a loud hiccup. She covered her mouth and snickered it off, taking a sip of her beer. 

"I was just trying to protect her," Niall said. "I didn't want her to know about my past. I'm all over the internet, Giana. I couldn't take the risk of losing her."

"Then why did you break up with her?" Giana said in a smart-ass tone. "Oh, I know why. I'm prettier and stuff." She giggled again and threw the beer bottle over Niall's head. Niall got up and sat on the swing, wiping the dirt of his legs. "Go away, Giana. I don't want to talk to you anymore. I made a horrible mistake."

Giana went and sat on the other swing. She pumped her legs hard and fast until she was as high as the top of the swing set. Then she stopped, and Niall sighed. "I have a horrible past, Giana. Horrible. I love her... or loved her... I needed to protect her."

Giana made a pouty face. "Awe, poor baby Niall!" She said. She put her hair messily into a high ponytail and walked away. "I'll talk to you later, Niall!" she yelled, not looking back.

"Wait," I interupted. "That's the end? You're not serious?"

"Bella," Niall said, now getting up. "I have told you way too much..." He walked across the bar. I was thinking of calling him later, but I had remembered that I deleted his number from my phone six months ago.