Chapter 24

Charlotte POV

It's been a week since Payton came into my life and I love her!! She is so cute! Max went on a huge expedition to find my sister, and his mate. ...or at least we think. I'm secretly glad that he isn't Payton's mate, it would be so weird.

I feed her he bottle and Melissa gushes at her next to me...

"I can't wait till you have your baby! It's so exciting." I laugh

"I cannot wait until I have this baby! I don't know it its a boy or girl. I want a girl then our babies can go shopping!" She laughs

"I bet it'll be a boy." I say, our bets are serious, like pride is everything, just joking

"I'll bet you ten bucks." I laugh

"Oh what about a months worth of diapers!" She adds

"Deal." She smiles

Oh gosh, we have become so close. I have never had such a great friend before. She is three months in, and like mine she could come at anytime. The phone rings so I hand the baby to her and go and get it.

It's Max

(C-Charlotte. M-Max)

C...hello

M- hey, I searched every state and I can't find her!

C- how it's only been a week.

M- I have my ways. I don't know how to find her.

C-I'm sorry but...I don't know.

M- I won't come back until I have her so I'll see you then.

C-okay...

I hang up and realize that I'm all out of formula...this kid goes through it like air.

"Hey Melissa? I need to go to the store will you watch her?"

"OF COURSE!!!" She screams

"But will you pick up some Starbucks!"

"Sure."

I leave and drive to the baby store, I grab the food but stop by the clothing section, my baby needs to have style. I pick out a few pink outfits which are super cute!!

I leave and walk across the street to Starbucks, I have never been inside before, usually Melissa is the coffee runner. I walk in and it's almost empty. One girl is working and she has her back to me. I walk up to the counter and look at the menu.

"Hello how can I help..." She trails off and I look at her in the eyes.

"No flipping way..."

"Charlotte?" She asks shocked

"Long time no see sister." I smile and hug her.

"Where have you been." She asks

"Everywhere. But can you leave early I need to tell you something it's huge! You are gonna love it." I say excited

"I can't leave but I can take about a half hour break if you wanna sit."

We both sit

" so remember those wattpad stories you used to read..about vampires and werewolves." I say slowly

"Yeah, but what do you need to tell me about that?"

"Well it's kinda real, I'm mates to a werewolf, an alpha. And Mason is mates to one too, and we kinda have the theory that you are mated to a vampire..the king actually named Max." I say

Her face drops.

"What! No! You have to be kidding me! No! Stop!" She shouts

"Claire calm down. He's a great guy! You will love him." I say convincingly

"No, you don't understand. I went to find you in Louisiana and I wanted to find you because I was pregnant....and now the baby is two." She says and my heart sinks.

"What! Where is the baby!" I ask

"At my apartment with my fiancé." She says

"No! You are mates to Max."

"That's not real! Now if you met someone like that! They are probably lying! So I suggest you leave that relationship."

"No! I love Emmett! I had a baby too, last week actually! And I'm calling Max! He is your future and if he finds you himself there will be no options." I take out my phone.

"No! I swear if you call him! I will never talk to you again."

"This is the right thing to do! Fate put you together! I was just like you and I regret running away from Emmett."

He answers

"Hey Max, looks like I won, she isn't available though, she is getting married."

While Max screams in my ear, I look around and she is gone.

"Please just give her some time." I say

He hangs up....oh no what have I done.

I see her running down the street I run after her and catch up with her.

"Claire come on!"

"No! Okay I lied in not getting married, I don't even know who my baby's dad is, I lied because I don't want to live a life like that, things like that are not real, and I'm not interested in a relationship." She says tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry" I say crying also.

"No your not, now leave me alone so I can go get my baby and leave here."

I drive back home, I lost my sister, it was so stupid of me to do that.

Soon Max comes to the house.

"Max I lied, it wasn't her, I called you before I talked to her, I saw the back of her and she was just proposed to and when I called I never saw her full face, you will find her check Louisiana again." I lie. Emmett looks at me skeptically.

Max looks sad and leaves without a word, guilt sinks through me.

What do I do...