Chapter 27

Unknown POV

It's early Saturday morning, and I was doing my daily routine that I have been doing since as early as I can remember. Which is strolling around territories of packs, looking. I do not know what I am looking for, but mom says that I will know when I find it. She said that when I do find it, I need to bring it back to her. I have not seen my mom in over two years, she told me to go off on this journey and not come back until I complete it. You see, I thought this would be easy, but after a month at it, I basically gave up hope.

As I cross the creek I cross almost everyday, I smell the most beautiful and wonderful scent. I follow it until I see a girl. She is sitting on a rock, laughing and smiling. She is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on. I look at who she is with and see a guy. My vampire side almost growls. Why?

....Mate...

She is my mate, and this is what mom wanted me to find, my mate. She is mine, and she is with another man! That will have to end....

Payton POV

So today is my 16th birthday! I finally can find my mate! I am so excited. But I am also scared, because for a few years my life long best friend Caleb and I have been a "thing". I love him, and if he is not my mate, I will be crushed, there is no way I could ever love anyone as much as I love him. A lot of the pack members have been betting that we are mates,  and if even if we are not mates, last night Caleb and I agreed that even if we find our mates, we will reject them...I know harsh right? but I love him.

I run down our stairs of the pack house, sniffing like crazy. No unusual smells, but maybe Caleb is not here yet. But then I feel two hands around my eyes.

"Happy Birthday!!!" My heart drops, it is Caleb. and I don't feel sparks. He isn't my mate. I turn around and look at him sadly, he is not turning 16 until this Wednesday, so I have to break it to him.

"Caleb" I say tears rolling down my face.

"What! No! It is okay!" He says wiping the tears away.

"No it's not! We are not soul mates! What is some gorgeous girl comes and takes you away! I want to be with you! I love you!" I cry.

"No, that can't happen, because some gorgeous girl already came and took me as hers, and I happen to love her. I love you Payton!" He soothes, and takes my hand, and we walk out of the house to go to our favorite spot, near the creek.

As we sit on our rock, we talk and I laugh and the wind blows and I smell it. Something amazing, like cinnamon! I turn and see this figure in the woods. No...Mate....

"Caleb, we need to leave...like now!" I say into his ear.

Too late...

The figure I saw is now pouncing on Caleb.

"No! Stop! HELP!" I scream.

The figure stops,

"What's wrong princess?" I look at his perfect blonde hair and blue eyes.

"You tackled my boyfriend!"

"Ummm, no this guy was taking me away from my mate." He says as if it was obvious.

"Wait...MATE??" Caleb says as his face pales.

"No, I do not know who you are but Caleb and I are each others soul mates, I have known him since I was a baby!" I argue

" And??  We have the rest of our lives!"

"No I do not even know who you are, and Caleb and I are together, I can care less about you." I scream and what I said must have hurt him because he gets up and walks toward me.

"My..Name..is..Oliver.." He says getting really close to my face.

Oliver? as in the baby that was stolen? No.

"I thought you were dead?" I ask

"Well you see I am not, so you heard of me? Come with me, I we can make a life of our own. Please." He pleads, using my knowledge of him to boost his ego.

"No"

"Yes"

And with that everything went black....

THE END

COMMENT IF YOU WANT A SEQUEL...