Chapter 5

Charlotte POV

I am happy to be with such a loving family but something doesn't seem right. Like why was I in Arizona with out Emmett to begin with, and where is my family? I decide to not ask Emmett anything yet, but I feel like I'm not being told anything. It's weird.

I walk down the stairs and hear loud whispering.

"When are you going to tell her!" A female speaks, sounds like Laura.

"When she's ready! This is my second chance! What difference does it make!" Emmett shouts.

The floor creeks and both heads turn to face me.

"Oh Charlotte when did you wake up?" Emmett asks coming to me and wrapping his arms around my waste.

"Just now." I smile, but there is something really fishy going on here. I am frustrated! I can't remember anything about myself before the accident. No matter how hard I try.

"What do you want to do?" He asks, his mom is now gone, she has been avoiding me, I don't know if she did it before the accident or if this is new.

"Let's talk."  I say

"Okay, what about?"

"Something doesn't feel right, are you telling me the truth?" I ask

A look of shock and nervousness crosses his face but is immediately covered by a smile.

"Yeah, you know everything you should know." He says

Should? Well what is there that I shouldn't know. I let that thought slip out of my head.

"Okay...."

Emmett POV.

She started asking me questions, I don't want to lie in case she actually remembers everything.

She told me she wanted to rest so she went up to bed. Earlier my mom was arguing with me, if I was doing the right thing or not. But I forbid her to talk to Charlotte, all I need is her telling her stuff, that will lead for more questions which I will have to answer.

I was sitting on the couch, soon my beta Jace came and sat next to me.

"Where is Charlotte?" He asked

"In bed."

"Emmett I have to tell you something, but please don't be mad." He says

I growl slightly

"What is it!"

"I...well I thought It was a good thing at the time, but I kinda had a witch that I met at the hospital remove Charlotte's memory. I'm sorry I just didn't want to see you in pain, and as the beta I had to make sure we have a future Luna!" He blabs out

I don't say anything...what? I don't know what to think.

"Jace..I appreciate your thoughtful idea, but I swear if you EVER and I mean EVER put a spell on my mate again, I will kill you!" I say

"I won't I promise."

"But thanks, I know it's wrong but things weren't getting better, she just didn't understand." I huff

"Yeah, I know, I almost had to do it to my mate, but the mate bond eventually took over." He says

We talk about mates and watch tv, hopefully Charlotte will feel better tomorrow, she has been acting strange.

Emma POV. (Friend from Louisiana)

I get off my flight and decide to head straight for the pack.

But let me introduce myself.

I'm Emma, as you already knew, but I have blonde hair, and vivid blue eyes. Im also a vampire.

I met Charlotte when I smelled those filthy wolves on her, yet she was a human. So I talked to her and she told me, only by me using my manipulation ability.

I never told her about me, I wanted to protect her and she got away. So now I'm rescuing her, I don't think Emmett realized what I was because of his mates smell and all the perfumes so this should be a surprise.

I run to the pack house and avoid all guards. I look in the window and see Charlotte sleeping. I jump in the open window and wake her up.

"Charlotte...wake up." I say softly so they don't hear me

"Who are you?" She asks scared. I realized my fangs were out.

"Emma, your friend from Louisiana!" I say shocked she doesn't remember me.

"I'm sorry, I don't know about that, I've never been to Louisiana." She says slightly.

No..what did they do to her. The next thing I see is a big black wolf lunging at me, and Charlotte screaming.

The wolf tackled me and two wolves in human form grab me. The black wolf comes back but as human. It was Emmett.

Charlotte is now crying,

"Hold on Charlotte I'll get rid of her." He soothes. She nods.

"What did you do to her!" I scream!

"Let's take this in another room, shall we?"  He asks as I am forced out.

"Charlotte listen they did something to you! You hated Emmett! They stole your memory!" I scream and am soon shoved into a wall.

I was pushed in a chair.

"What was that! What did you do to her!!" I scream

"Look bloodsucker, that's none of your concern, she is my mate. Stay away from her" he growls

"No promises!" I wink and he is about to lunge and I teleport out of there.