A night with depression

You walked outside the house door.

"James I'm leaving!" You yelled.

"Where are you heading?" He asked.

"No where in particular. I just want to go out for a walk. Want to join me? Some fresh air would be nice." You smiled.

"My people don't need fresh air. All I need now is wifi. How long will you be gone?" He asked eyes glued to the laptop monitor.

"I'm just going to take a five minute walk." You shrugged.

"Alright be safe. Call if anything happens." He mumbled.

"Ok bye." You replied heading out.

You haven't been in the best mood all week. You've been cooped up in your room and thought some air would do you well. You wore your favorite clothes that made you feel most comfortable. A shirt and sweats.

Headphones went in and your problems went out.

You took a deep breath feeling relaxed for once. Moments later, you felt a raindrop kiss your cheek. You looked down to see tiny spots on the ground.

'No biggie.' You thought. A little rain will do no harm. But with every step, the rain grew harder. You ran home and knocked on the door.

"James!" You yelled banging on the door. No answer. You looked at the driveway to see no car. You looked at your phone to see the battery was terribly low. No messages or calls from James. Under the welcome mat there was no spare key. You dialed his number.

"Hello?" James asked.

"James I need you to come home. It's raining and-"

"Hahaha fooled you! Sorry I can't answer the phone right now. Just leave a message after the beep."

Beeeeeep

You let out a sign of misbelief. You looked down on your phone to see that 5 minutes have turned into an hour.

"Be safe. Call if anything happens." You mocked.

You decided to run to Dakota's house. You knew where your friends lived. You knew where the twins and Jesse lived but Dakota's house was the nearest with it being a mile away from you home.

"Dakota!" You yelled at your phone.

"______? Are you ok?" He asked.

"Are you home?" You frantically questioned trying not to waste time.

"Yea I'm home. Why?"

You then heard two beeps meaning your phone was going to die any second.

"Stay home!" You yelled. Dakota didn't respond.  You looked at your screen to see black. You pressed the home button and nothing. Great. Phone is dead.

Dakota's POV

"Stay home!" She yelled. Then she hanged up.

"_____?" I asked. I then got a notification from the weather app informing me about the storm and advising everyone to stay indoors. Geez I hope she's ok. I tried calling her but nothing.
"Come on, ______ pick up." I growled calling her for the tenth time.

A few minutes later there were slams on the door causing us all to jump.

"W-who was that?" Asked Devon as the door knob violently wiggled.

"I don't know but I'm going to find out." Replied my dad getting a metal base ball bat he hid under the couch.
He looked through the peep hole.
"I can't see anything because of the storm." He sighed. The door handle wiggled followed by more slams.
"Kids go up stairs. Debra get ready to call the cops." He instructed.