Movie date with the boys

"I don't know what to do anymore, Dakota." You sighed laying on your bed and holding your phone.

"I know you're going through a rough time but it's going to be ok, ______." Dakota reassured.

"I feel like I'm going insane." You whimpered.

"Do you know what you need? A fun time with your friends! The boys and I will be right over!" He smiled hanging up.

***

The boys came up stairs to your bedroom.

"Are you ok, ______?" Asked Max.

"I'm ok, Max. Just a little sad." You weakly reassured.

"I got you something." He smiled handing you a stuffed Snoopy.

"It's Snoopy." You chuckled.

"And we got the Snoopy movie." Smiled Noah.

"We also got milkshakes." Smiled Jesse handing you yours.

"We made them ourselves." Dakota bragged.

"Guys this is way too much. How do you expect me to pay you back for all of this?" You laughed.

"You're not paying us anything." Laughed Jesse as Noah got the movie ready.

"Can I make popcorn?" Max asked.

"Sure, Max." You smiled.

"Wait what are you putting on the popcorn?" Dakota asked.

"Butter!" Max cheered licking his lips.

"Can you make mine butter free?" Dakota suggested. Max simply smiled at him.

"Why butter free? Trying to cut on the calories?" Asked Jesse.

"I'm a vegan now." He announced.

"Vegan?" Asked Noah.

"That's when someone doesn't eat meat or animal products." You defined.

"Oooh. But you're drinking a milk shake. Doesn't it have milk?" Noah questioned.

"Almond milk is a life saver." Dakota winked.

"Since when were you vegan?" You chuckled.

"We had to do a project about different diets and lifestyles at school. I was assigned vegetarianism and veganism. Changed my entire perspective." Dakota answered in awe.

"So how's your vegan milkshake?" Asked Jesse.

"It's really not that bad." He chuckled taking a sip.

"Can I try?" You asked. He nodded his head as he handed you his shake.
"Wow this isn't half bad. I'm going to need the recipe to this." You laughed.

"See guys? She liked it!" Dakota cheered.

"Except the almond flavor is a little too strong for me." You shivered.

"There's rice milk, soy milk, and coconut milk." Dakota smiled listing examples of non-dairy milks.

"How many different types of milks are there?!" Asked Noah.

"A tons." Chuckled Jesse.

"I have the popcorn!" Cheered Max.

"Good because the movie's about to begin." Smiled Noah as Max passed out the bowls of popcorn.

***

Dakota's POV

I looked down and smiled as ______ fell asleep on my chest.

"She fell sleep." Smiled Max.

"How can you fall asleep to a peanuts movie?! It's a classic!" Jesse exclaimed causing ______ to toss and turn.

"Be quiet, Jess. You're going to wake her up!" I hushed.

"She has been having a tough time. I think she deserves a little break from reality." Smiled Noah as he gently petted her hair.

Jessie reached in and took her bowl of popcorn.

"Jess." I growled.

"What? It's not like she's going to eat it." He shrugged. Well he does have a point.

"So how long has Snoopy been around?" Asked Max.

"Well Max, according to the Internet, the first snoopy comic came out in October 1950." Jesse read from his phone.

"And they're just now making it into a movie?!" Noah asked in misbelief.

"There are various movies, Noah. There's a Christmas special, a Halloween special, a thanksgiving special, there is also a peanuts special about cancer." I informed.

"I remember that one! It really helped me when I found out my friend Emma had leukemia." He half smiled.

"I'm sorry, Jesse. Did... Did she make it?" I asked.

"Oh she made it! She was diagnosed when we were in third grade and by her first year of middle school, she was cancer free!" He smiled.

"That's great, Jesse!" Cheered Max.

"I don't understand. Why do people get cancer?" Asked Noah. We all stood silent for a moment.

"No one knows, Noah. I know it can be genetic. If you parents or grandparents had cancer then you're at a higher risk. It can also be because of a genetic mutation of some sort. There are various factors that contributes to it. So no one really knows what causes cancer." Jesse grimaced.

"Do you know why Emma got cancer?" Max asked. Jesse took a deep breath having difficulty talking about the subject.

"It was a surprise for all of us, Max. For her friends and family. Her family didn't have a record of cancer or anything bad. It just came to her." He grimaced.

"But she's ok now, right?" I asked.

"Last time I checked, she's in perfectly good health." He smiled.

"So cancer can come out and attack without warning?" Max whimpered.

"I guess." Jesse mumbled. Max began to panic.

"Relax, Max it's very unlikely for it to come out of nowhere." I smiled trying to calm him down.

"Can we just watch the movie? I have to return it tomorrow." Noah informed.

I looked down at ______.

"I know you're sleeping but I love you so much." I smiled kissing her forehead.

"I love you too, Dakota." She yawned placing her head at the crook of my neck.

"She's awake?" Jesse mumbled eating a handful of popcorn.

"Don't worry, Jess you can eat the rest of my popcorn." She smiled her eyes still close.

"Did we wake you?" Asked Noah.

"I've been awake this whole time, guys." She chuckled.

"Oh getting comfortable I see?" Jesse winked nudging me with his shoulder.

"Nope, Jesse. I've actually been trying to sleep but the smell of buttery popcorn is just too intoxicating." She replied.

"I still think she's just trying to get comfortable." Jesse mumbled.

"Oh shut it, Blockhead!" I teased making him laugh.

"Very funny, Goyo." Chuckled ______ as her warm breath caressed my neck.