"You have no reason to be depressed."

"What the hell were you thinking?!" James cursed keeping his eyes on the road. As soon as a red light showed itself, James glared at you using the rare view mirror.

"What did you expect me to do? You're the one who told me to pack me stuff and leave!" You exclaimed.

"I didn't think you would actually run away!" He groaned in frustration.

"What other choice did I have?! Knock on your door and beg for my career back?" You scoffed crossing your arms.

"That's exactly what I expected you to do." He informed as the light turned green.

"I don't get it." You grimaced. James glanced at you.
"What happened between us? Did we ever get along?" You continued.

"I guess not." He sighed pulling over to his driveway. You got out of the car and walked inside with your suitcase in hand.

"This is my childhood all over again. No matter what I do, no matter how much I try to run away, I get stuck with you." You informed rolling your eyes.

"Shut up and be thankful." He scoffed. You didn't bother replying. You went up to your room and began to unpack. After doing so, you went downstairs.

"Hey, James can I ask you something?" You muttered.

"You know what to do. Have a question? Ask google. If Google can't find the answer you're looking for then you're screwed." He replied.

"No, James I'm serious." You grimaced.

"Alright what do you want to ask?" He replied eating popcorn and watching tv. Letting out a frustrate groan, you took the remote and turned the television off. James started at you in utter misbelief.

"I told you I was serious." You sternly reminded.

"Alright then. What do you want to talk about?" James asked turning to you.

"Well first of all, how about we try to... You know..." You stood silent lost for words. James raised an eyebrow.

"Try to what?" He asked.

"How about we try to... Get along?" You whispered.

"I think we have a well relationship." He muttered.

"You use me to make money, you put my health at risk, and you said so yourself that if you had a choice you would throw me right back into the orphanage. That's a well relationship?" You asked.

"Ok here's the thing. I can't take care of a kid. Look at me! I can barely take care of myself! How do you expect me to raise a ten year old kid?" He exclaimed.

"I don't know. Get some parenting books or something." You shrugged.

"Well I've been taking care of you for the past five years and so far, you turned out great." He shrugged.
"Anything else you want to talk about?" He asked slowly reaching to the remote.

"Yes." You answered swiping the remote from his hands.

"I want you to take me to a doctor." You whispered. James gave you a mixed look of shock and confusion.

"Why...?" He asked.

"Because I need to go to one." You muttered looking down unsure how to bring the topic.

"______ I swear to God if you're pregnant-" he began.

"NO!" You yelled.

"Sweet baby Jesus." He sighed catching his breath.

"I want to get tested." You informed. James expression didn't change.

"I swear if you caught some sort of disease or infection-" He began.

"NO! I- James can you just let me finish?!" You begged, your face turning a bright red.

"Well what do you want to get tested for?" He asked.

"Depression." You whispered hardly audible.

"What?" He asked leaning towards you.

"Depression." You repeated still silent. James sighed.

"You gotta speak up. You can't expect to get help unless you speak up, kid."

"Depression." You repeated in a normal conversational voice. His facial expression went from confusion, to shock, to misbelief,

"You're joking." He scoffed.

"James I'm serious!" You informed.

"How can you be depressed? You have everything you need. Clothes, shelter, food, water. You have no reason to be depressed!" He said.

"James I'm sick and I need help! You said so yourself that if you need help, speak up. I'm speaking up right now by telling you that I'm mentally sick. I'm a danger to myself! I'm asking for help yet you're denying me the professional care that I need!" You cried out.

"You're not depressed. You're just a whiny brat who can't handle the adult world. Well suck it up, buttercup, because you're going to be on your own in three years!" He yelled.

"James please." You whispered
"I need help." You whispered your voice cracking and your eyes on the verge of tears.

"We're not wasting some doctor's time just because you're being a moody teen! You're not depressed and you don't need help. End of story." He concluded.