Ice

"Dude I have no idea how you ice skate I'm going to die." You laughed.

"Oh come on, ______! It'll be fun. We can teach you." Smiled Jesse as he tried to drag you into the ice rink.

"Who's 'we'?" You asked. Jesse opened the door to see the boys and a familiar face. She came up to you with a smile. Her dark brown hair complimenting her hazel eyes.

"Hi." She shyly smiled taking out her hand.

"Hey." You chuckled shaking her hand.

"______ this is Emily. Emily this is ______." Jesse smiled.
"She is going to be you skating instructor." Jesse informed.

"Alright let's just get you fitted for ice skates and you're ready to go." She smiled taking your hand and practically dragging you.

"You got this." He winked.

The two of you got on the ice a while after the boys did.

"Ok now hang on to the railing." She instructed. You did as told trying to keep your balance.

"O-ok." You mumbled trying to keep your balance, both hands on the rail. You slipped and fell causing Emily to laughed.

"I'm guessing you've never been on ice before?" She giggled.

"My very first time and I'm glad I'm spending it with you." You shyly smiled.

"Wait is this really your first time ice skating?!" She asked.
"Well we don't get a lot of snow where I'm from let alone ice." You chuckled.

"Wow you really are a newbie." She laughed helping you up.

"That's why you're helping me out, right?" You chuckled.

"Yup. Now just hold my hand and try to walk normally." She instructed.

"Walking on ice isn't very easy." You mumbled trying your best to keep your balance.

"Relax I got you." Emily reassured.

"Just don't let go." You nervously chuckled as you felt her presence fade away. You continued walking. One foot in front of the other. You eventually got a hang of it.
"I'm doing it." You whispered to yourself.
"I'm ice skating! Emily you can let go now." You smiled.

"I already did." You heard her reply. You looked behind you to see Emily leaning against a wall with a sly smirk on her face. Max and Noah skated up to you.

"Want to play hockey with us?" Smiled Max.

"I'm just getting used to ice skating. I don't think I'm ready for ice hockey." You laughed.

"Have you played ground hockey?" Asked Noah.

"In gym class. Yes." You shrugged.

"It's easy! You already know how to skate. Just hit the puck." Smiled Noah.

You all got into teams. It was you, Noah and Jesse vs. Emily, Dakota, and Max. After a few minutes of playing, you hit the oilcloth into the net.

"Score!" You cheered.

"It's called a goal." Dakota winked skating off.

"Nice one, dude." Congratulated Jesse.

"Thanks, Jess." You smiled.

"Alright who's ready for round two?" Asked Emily as she tossed the puck.