4- Mobs and Twitter

Recap: "It's 5SOS!"

---

Maya's POV

Dad grabbed my hand, and we started running. Someone pulled me away from him, capturing me in the mass of people. I was shoved to the floor. I tried getting up, but it was useless seeing as I just got pushed down again.

Finally, the screams stopped. Someone shook my shoulder. I looked up expecting it to be one of the guys, but it wasn't. It was a boy about my age. He had dark brown hair and green eyes. He wore a beanie and a jumper on top of a plain gray T-shirt.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded my head but then shook it. He helped me up, and we sat on a bench outside a store.

"I'm Nicholas, but you can call me Nick," he said.

"My name's Maya," I replied.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

"I was walking with my dad and his friends when a group of girls ran after them. I fell and people kept running over me."

"Why were people running after them?"

"Let's just say they're pretty popular. Famous is the better word, actually," I said.

"Do you want to go look for them?"

"No. I'll wait for them to come get me."

My phone started ringing, so I pulled it out of my pocket. I guessed it was Ashton based on the contact name: Drum Lord 3000.

"Hello."

"Where are you? Why didn't you call us? Michael is freaking out," Uncle Ash said.

"I'm sorry. I'm outside of a shoe store," I said.

"There's more than one shoe store, Maya," he snapped.

"The one near the door we came in."

"Stay where you are. We'll be there soon," he said and hung up.

"Can I get your number by any chance? I know we just met and everything, but you're pretty cool," Nick said.

"Sure," I said, giving him my phone.

He gave me his phone and I put in my number. As soon as he gave me my phone back, I heard someone shout my name.

"Dad!" I yelled.

The guys ran over, and Dad picked me up, giving me a tight hug.

"Dad, you're hurting me," I said, and he let me go. Nick stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Who's this?" Dad asked.

"This is Nicholas. He found me on the floor once the herd of screaming girls was gone. Nick, this is Michael. He's my dad. That's Luke, and my uncles Ashton and Calum," I said, pointing at them.

"Oh, you guys are 5 Seconds of Summer! My sister loves your music. It's nice to meet you," Nick said. 

Dad reluctantly shook his hand. "Alright. It's time to go home."

I said goodbye to Nick and started to walk away. Once I put pressure on my right foot, I felt a large amount of pain.

"Ow! My ankle," I cried.

"What's wrong?" Uncle Ash asked.

"I can't walk on it. Someone must've stepped on it when I was on the ground. What if it's broken?" I asked in a panic.