9- Interview

Michael's POV

Calum came back downstairs, taking his seat again on the couch. We stared at him, waiting for him to say something.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said. "What's Maya doing?"

"She was asleep. She woke up and said she wasn't feeling well."

"Okay. I'll check on her later tonight," I said.

*~*

One by one, the guys went upstairs until it was only me.

At around one, I went upstairs to check on Maya. I put my hand to her forehead. She felt a little warm, so I put a bucket next to her bed just in case.

"I love you, Maya. See you in the morning," I said and kissed her forehead before going to bed.

Maya's POV

Someone shook me awake in the morning, blocking the sun streaming through the window. I rubbed my eyes and saw that it was Michael.

"Good morning, Maya. How're you feeling?" He said.

"Good," I said.

"Did you get sick last night?" He asked. I shook my head. "Good. We have an interview in a few hours. I want to introduce you to the fans. After, we're going to visit our families. You have to get ready. Come downstairs when you're ready."

I went to my closet to pick out an outfit when the door was thrown open.

"Spill," Calum said and sat at my desk.

"I could've been getting dressed, you know," I said.

"But you weren't. The door wasn't locked."

I rolled my eyes and told him everything that happened while trying to choose an outfit.

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?"

"Yes," I said.

"Did you say yes?"

"I told him I'd think about it," I said and threw a pair of skinny jeans at him.

"Do you like him?" He asked, pushing the clothing off his shoulder.

"Maybe a little," I mumbled.

"Aww! Maya has a crush," Uncle Cal squealed.

"Whatever. I still have to think about it. Dad wouldn't let me, so I'd have to keep it a secret," I said. 

"Well, you know I'd do anything for you. And that includes hiding the fact that you have a boyfriend," he said.

"Thanks, Uncle Cal. Now get out so I can get ready," I said and shoved him out the door.

I threw on my skinny jeans along with a white shirt and a leather jacket. I finished getting ready and put on my combat boots.

I went downstairs and saw the guys eating breakfast.

"Awe, look. She's like a mini Michael," Luke said, sipping on his coffee.

"That's so cute, it's disgusting," Calum laughed.

Dad entered the room and smiled at my outfit choice. "I'm raising you right."

"Is it just like a thing with you guys? Can you read each other's minds?" I questioned while putting my bread in the toaster.

"I'd think we'd know if we were telepathic, Maya," Luke replied.

"I agree even though I have no idea what we're talking about," Dad said. "And that is not breakfast."

"What? Toast?" I said, giving him a strange look. "I think it's on the list of foods people eat for breakfast."

"A singular piece of slightly burnt bread is not breakfast."

"Neither is coffee, but I don't see you yelling at Luke "

"Oh, she's got you there, mate," Uncle Cal said.

Dad looked at Luke and huffed. He took the coffee from him and drank whatever was left. Luke watched, not bothering to stop him. He finished the coffee and proceeded to slap Luke's legs with a dishcloth.

"Get your feet off the table. That's disrespectful," Dad said.

"I live here!" Luke protested, not moving his legs from their propped up position.

"I'm trying to be a good parent, and you're not helping. Where's Ashton when I need him?"

"Waiting for you to get in the car before we're late!" Uncle Ash called from the other room.

"Alright, we'll be out in a second!" Dad called back.

"How about five seconds?" Luke said, causing him and Uncle Cal to laugh.

"I will hurt you and make it look like an accident," Dad joked. "Let's go before Ashton realizes I have the keys."

Michael's POV

We were getting ready for the interview, and Maya sat quietly on the couch in the dressing room. She looked so bored. I was tempted to let her use my phone, but she was still grounded.

We finished up and the prep team quickly helped Maya. We walked into the interview and started the live broadcast.

"We're here today with 5 Seconds of Summer!" The interviewer said into the microphone.

"Hi!" We all said in sync.

"So, how have guys been lately?" She asked.

"We've been good," Ashton said. "We've been working in the studio, recording new songs for the album. We have our next tour coming up soon so we're all excited."

"That's great. The fans must be excited for the new album. I'm sure it'll be as good as the first one," she said. "Michael, we heard you have some news."

"I do," I said.

I saw Maya through the window on the door and motioned for her to come in.

Maya's POV

Dad motioned for me to come in, so I walked into the room. I sat down in between Luke and him.

"This is Maya. I adopted her," Dad said, looking into the camera.

What a way to be blunt, I thought.

I looked in the same direction as Dad and waved. Thank god there was no audience physically in the room.

"Wow. This is very exciting. When did you realize you wanted to adopt a child?" The interviewer asked.

"Well, I've been thinking about it for a while. I thought it was time to adopt someone, have a kid of my own. I'm so happy to have her," he said.

"What did you guys think about Michael's decision?" She asked.

"I'm very happy. I actually went with Michael when he adopted her. I finally have a little sister," Luke said and ruffled my hair.

"I was a little surprised at first, but I was excited," Calum said. "I need someone else besides these three around the house."

"To be honest, I wasn't sure it was a good idea at first," Uncle Ash said, throwing everyone off-center. "You know, we have such busy lives, and the tour is coming up. It's a lot of responsibility, but Michael's done a good job so far. He really cares about her, and I do too."

"There you have it. Maya is the newest member of the 5sos family. The boys love her and hope you do too," she said.

We continued the interview. They talked about the new music and the tour. I was asked a few questions, and we left when it was over.

Once we got in the car, Dad asked, "Ready to meet some people?"