12- Day With Ash

Maya's POV

"Wake up! Time for some Ash and Maya time," Uncle Ash said as he jumped on my bed, waking me up.

"Alright. I'm up," I said in a tone of annoyance. "Now I know how Luke felt."

"Get dressed. We're going out for breakfast," he said and exited my room.

I put on a pair of leggings, an All Time Low shirt, and my Converse. I went into the bathroom to finish getting ready and then went downstairs.

"Maya, come here!" Dad called from the kitchen.

"Morning," I said as I entered the room.

"Good morning," he said and held out my phone. "You're not grounded anymore. Take it."

"Thank you. I love you," I said and hugged him.

"I love you too," he said and kissed the top of my head. "Have fun today."

I went to the front door where Ashton was waiting. We got in the car and drove to a small diner for breakfast.

"I'm Sky. I'll be your waiter today. What can I get you?" The girl asked once we sat down.

Ashton stared at her and was at a loss for words.

"Uncle Ash, you were asked a question," I said.

"Oh, right," he said, his face flushed.

The waitress smiled and blushed. We ordered our food and drinks.

"So, Uncle Ash, since I don't know much about you, tell me. What's it like being Ashton Irwin?" I asked.

He told me about his family, his life (including the tough years), and small facts about him. I learned a lot about him and other aspects of life that impact who you are.

"I love you, Uncle Ash. No matter what anyone says. You're perfect to me," I told him.

"I love you too, Maya. You're my family now, and my family means the world to me."

Soon after, the food came. We finished quickly, and Ash went to pay the bill. I saw him talking and flirting with the waitress. He came back with a smile on his face.

"Someone's happy," I said.

"Whatever," he said, playfully rolling his eyes. "On we go."

Ashton's POV

Maya told me she'd never been roller skating, so that's where I took her. Her eyes lit up when she saw where we were.

We got our skates and laced up. I helped Maya onto the rink. She held onto me tightly so she wouldn't fall.

"Maya, come on. Here. Hold my hand and put your other one out," I said.

"If I break my leg, Dad will flip," she said as she did what I told her.

"There you go," I said once she got the hang of it. "Now-"

I was cut short when I tripped and fell to the floor. Maya was laughing at me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her down, too.

"Hey! That's mean," she pouted.

I helped her back up, and we skated some more. We stayed for an hour before leaving. One of our songs came on the radio as I drove. Maya turned it up and sang along. She had an amazing voice.

"Maya, you sound great. Why don't you sing more often?" I asked.

"I don't like my voice. Everyone yelled at me at the orphanage when I sang," she said.