Chapter Nine

Kennedy laid back and relaxed in a hot bubble bath. She was just loving this new fragrance set she had purchased that day from Bath and Body Works. It was called "Forever Midnight". Kennedy had fallen in love with the fragrance at first sniff. She went ahead and bought the spray, the lotion, the body butter, the body scrub and the shower wash. Kennedy had even bought the travel sized lotion and spray to the set. She wasn't playing.

The sounds of Chante Moore's soft and gentle voice soothed Kenny as she enjoyed the calm element that she was in. She felt good. That all went out the window though, when Jo barged into the bathroom. "Damn, you don't knock?" Kennedy snapped. Jo eyed his wife and chuckled. He never took her or her stank ass attitude serious. If he did, he would have kicked her ass for the way she talked to him a long time ago.

Jo walked over to the toilet, lifted up the seat and took a piss. "What is this shit you listening to?" he asked her. Kenny rolled her eyes. "Peaceful shit. You should try it," she rebutted. "You need to be playing some French Montana up in this bitch," Jo said. Kennedy rolled her eyes, again. "Jo, can you get out?" she asked him. He gave her a mischievous grin. "Why? You was in here playing with yourself?" he queried.

Kennedy sucked her teeth. "No!" she exclaimed. "I was enjoying some peace and quiet, until you came and fucked it up!" she let him know. "Aight, aight. I'm leaving. But when you get out, I gotta talk to you," Jo claimed and then walked back out.

Kennedy sucked her teeth a second time. She loved her husband, but that man just knew how to get on her nerve sometimes. Her mood already blown, Kennedy stood up and climbed out of oval shaped marble tub; suds and bubbles still on her body, her hair still wet. She grabbed her purple plush Versace robe and walked into her bedroom, where Jo sat on their king sized bed waiting for her.

"What's up?" Kennedy asked, heading over to the dresser. She grabbed her lavender baby oil and began oiling herself down. She had always had really dry skin, so it was essential to keep herself properly moisturized. "I need you to do something for me," Jo spoke to her.

Kennedy's ears perked up. "What?" she wanted to know. "Well, you know Egypt is dead now," he started. Kennedy snickered. Yeah, she knew. But she didn't really give a fuck. She had never liked Egypt very much, anyway. She was always knocking at their door looking for Jo. Claiming that she was looking for more work. Kenny never fully believed that, though. She had always thought that Egypt had had a crush on Jo deep down.

"Yeah, I know," Kennedy said, unbothered. "I need you to fill in for her for a little while," Jo put forth. Kennedy gave Jo a surprised look. "You're asking me to transport drugs for you? To Baltimore?" she asked. Jo shook his head. "No. I'm asking you to transport money to Baltimore and transport drugs back home to me," Jo corrected Kennedy.

Kenny was quiet. She continued oiling her body, not knowing what to say. She wasn't sure if she was too comfortable doing something like that. She had done a few raunchy things in her young life, such as; stripping, light prostitution, credit card scams, and purse snatching. But Kennedy had never transported drugs. That was scary as fuck.

"I don't know," she told Jo, putting on her panties and bra. "It would only be temporary. A couple weeks at most," Jo said, trying to convince her. "I can't afford to not have someone going up there for me. And right now, I need to find someone I can trust to do it. But I don't know how long that's going to take. And I can't do it myself. That would be too risky," Jo explained. "What if I get caught?" Kenny asked. "Baby, you're not gonna get caught," Jo assured her.

Kennedy hoped that Jo was right. Because if she agreed to do it, nothing had better not go wrong. She was not about to go down for nobody. Not even him.
*****
"I met a bitch from uptown, I'm like, WOAH!
Patrón shots, a couple of rounds, she like, WOAH!
My niggas ain't fuckin' around, they gon' GO!
Think I'm a spend a check on that pussy, I'm like, NO!
I put cho' bitch in a Phantom, that shit big as a planet
Got some bitches in Paris that's speakin' French like Montana
Got a bitch in the projects, she be holdin' her hammer
Landed in California, 'bout to go to Atlanta
To meet my bitch from Miami, she wanna be on the team
I moonwalk in that pussy, she thinkin' she Billie Jean
I got a TEC sittin' on the step and that's on the set
Here I go, ring a nigga neck all about a check, yeah, I know"