Chapter 2-- Mr. Blue Eyes

Chapter 2:

With those blue eyes still stuck in my head, I meandered down to the school hall to for a short briefing.

I should probably explain the blue eyes part of everything. That pair of blue eyes belonged to the one and only Aaron Lerr. Captain of the football and basketball team, all the girls fell at his feet with the blink of an eye. I’d had a crush on him since FOREVER. But, old Emerald was never a topic of concern for him. Hopefully that had changed.

I joined a group of people I knew from school and whispered along with Elexia until the lecture was over. Then, all the conversation quieted down and the older students-- the mentors-- stood up on the stage and put us all into groups.

"In group one, we have Nathan Shaw, Hunter Warrington, Lukas Matthews, Aaron Lerr, Emerald Grace, Janelle Morris, Veronica Sydney and Miranda Hare. Please go over to Morgana," an older girl in white shirt waved," for further details." The six of us stood up from our respective seats and made our way towards our mentor, Morgana. Then, we were led down to a huge hall with a climbing wall, two basketball hoops and bleachers. We sat down in a circle as Morgana began talking.

"The point of putting you all in groups is for you to get to know one another a little before school starts officially. Names come first, of course." She pointed to the boy sitting beside her. "Let's start with you."

I already knew a bunch of the people here. Hunter, Lukas, Aaron and Janelle had all studied in the previous years of SFC. I tuned out to what Lukas was saying and took a closer look at all of my group mates. Lukas had shaggy black hair and brown eyes, with kind of chubby cheeks. Hunter-- well he looked like his normal, boyishly handsome self. Janelle had dull brown eyes and thick, rimless glasses, which seemed spectacularly, dull this year. My gaze skipped towards the other two boys. One wore thick, black-rimmed classes and had eyes the darkest shade of brown that they seemed almost navy in color.

I finally shifted my gaze towards Aaron and immediately started to eye-rape him. I don’t think he knew me, to be exact… He had never even spoken to me once before in my life. I tuned back in just in time to hear the black-haired guy with glasses speak.

"My name is Nathan," he said. Well that was a cool name. It suited him. Kinda nerdy, yet sweet at the same time.

Then, next came Aaron. "I'm Aaron." He turned his gaze to me and I swear I caught a hint of his unique smell-- pine needles and rainy days. "And I would like to congratulate this girl for controlling Hunter over there this morning."

I stared at him in amazement. As far as I knew, Hunter and him weren’t really close friends… With Hunter being the captain of the rugby team, things got tense between the two. And, he didn't even wither under Hunter's menacing gaze, which was enough to send truckloads of girls running away from him.

"Well, my name is Emerald." I said staring into his eyes. "And I’m pretty sure you should know be from last year. We took English together." I smiled and gave him a fist bump, playing it off cool and acting like I wasn’t secretly fangirling in my mind over the parts of my skin which had touched his..

“Really? So why haven’t I seen you around before?” He inquired.

“Because you never looked hard enough,” I said truthfully. I used to have ridiculous nerd glasses and a disgusting sense of fashion, but a summer spent in LA totally changed me. I got contacts, lost the glasses and learnt about trends.

The girls next to me introduced themselves as Veronica and Miranda, with Janelle quietly stuttering out her name. Veronica had bangs that she clipped up out of her forehead and Miranda had big, thick rimmed glasses. Veronica elbowed me in the ribs.

"Hey! Being flirty on the first day, huh," she giggled.

I blushed and looked away from Aaron, who was looking at Morgana as she told us what we were going to do for the rest of the afternoon.

"No kidding," Miranda murmured appreciatively. "I like you, my friend."

"And Hunter does have that player/asshole look around him," added Veronica.

I rolled my eyes and grinned, "Hunter’s my best friend. Bet we don’t seem like it to you, do we? Well, I like you guys too. I can tell I'm going to have a great time in school."

“Are you serious? Can you introduce me, cause’ I wouldn’t mind getting me a piece of that!” Miranda exclaimed, waggling her eyebrows.

“Sure.” Hunter was so going to appreciate this.