Chapter 5-- Mythology: Leviathan

Chapter 5:

I walked into ML and sat down next to Nichole, one of Elexia's friends in her class. She had the same Chinese name and birthday as me, though she was a few hours older. I joked that she was my slave because of a Jacksgap video called Twins. Laura took a seat next to me and Miranda sat in front. Hunter was all the way at the back of the classroom where a few of his friends, Finn and Jacob were sitting. The bell rang as the teacher walked in.

"Hi guys, I am Diare Monroe, nice to meet you all. Just call me Diare, no need with all the 'miss' crap."

We stared at her in amazement. She couldn't have graduated university earlier than a year ago. My guess was she came here right after her studies.

"I guess you all have no clue what this class is," she continued. "Well let me enlighten you. Its Mythology: Leviathan."

All of us students looked around confusedly. I glanced at Laura and mouthed: Leviathan-- Supernatural the TV show?"

She shrugged. Why would a prestigious school like ours waste time on a useless class like this everyday?

"I know what you all are thinking-- its either 'this is bullshit' or 'I'm gonna zone out for the rest of the class' but make no mistake," Diare said ominously. "This information is going to come in handy for the rest of your life."

What did she mean by that?

"Alright," Diare sighed. "I can see you all freaking out in your minds. So I'm not gonna beat around the bush. All of you, in the classroom now, are Leviathans." Wait, is she bullshitting me or is she serious? And what the hell are Leviathans?

"Leviathans," Diare said, " are supernatural creatures, who--" She was interrupted by Hunter.

"Wait, are you serious or was that just your weird way of insulting us?"

Diare rolled her eyes. "Of course not. Do you call this bullshit?" After saying that, she took off her sweater and huge glinting peppermint green wings sprouted out of her back.

We were all struck silent. I gaped in amazement. Her wings glimmered with a slight silvery shimmer, glowing iridescently.

I was stunned out of my silence when Diare chuckled. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

She continued telling us about Leviathans. "Contrary to what the TV show Supernatural says, Leviathans don't eat people. We coexist peacefully with the humans."

I raised my hand. "Does this mean all the other students are supernaturals too? Or are they just plain old mortals?"

"No, there are a few different breeds of supernaturals: Werewolf, Faerie, Vampire and shape-shifter. There's this council of the supernaturals and it consists of the leader, the Supreme Leviathan, the Alpha of the Werewolf Honoria Pack, the Vampire Elder, the High Faerie and the Prime Shape-Shifter." My eyes bugged as I sat down. Whoa. Aaron was in MW... Which meant he was a Werewolf! I had to get the details from him or Valeria. She was in... a werewolf too.

"Leviathans come into maturity during the blue moon of their seventeenth year of life, which is approximately a month away. Then, you will get your wings, powers and main element. Every single Leviathan has a majoring element of power. Like mine," she fluttered her peppermint green wings. “Is earth." As she spoke, little green vines curled out of the cracks in the walls and ceiling.

"The element always co-insides with the color of your wings. All elements include Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Ice, Rain and Thunder and Lightning, and Spirit, the seventh element. Rain, thunder and lightning go hand in hand. So far, there have only been one or two Leviathans who have majored in Spirit, as it is the rarest element. She is the Supreme Leviathan, also the leader of the supernatural council, Emmaline Sarahs." Diare gave us a moment to absorb the information she had given us.

I leaned over and grabbed Laura's hand. "Oh My Gosh Laura, this seems so unreal. Do you believe it?"

She blinked slowly. "Well the wings seem real enough."

"But how could our parents not tell us anything about this?" I questioned.

"I don't know, but I for sure am gonna find out soon." Laura replied, shaking her.

I glanced at Hunter in the back row. He had this hilarious dumbstruck look on his face. I burst out giggling at the sight and earned myself a few dirty glances.

"Alright, seeing as I've covered pretty much everything, everyone go socialize with your fellow Leviathans. Your parents can tell you anything else you want to know. You," she said, gesturing in my direction. "Come over here."

The students all stood up and talked with one another. I saw Laura huddled with a bunch of people from her class talking about all the info Diare had given us.

"Who are you?" She asked incredulously.

"Me?" I said. "I'm Emerald Grace. What's happening?"

"Okay...” Diare faltered. “Go back to talk. I'm sure you all want to gossip."

I started to make my way back to where Laura was standing when I overheard Diare’s murmur. "You look like someone I know."