Chapter 11-- Sundays and Fun Times

Chapter 11:

Emerald

"Hey, do you want me to come over today? I'm free." I said, on the phone with Aaron.

"Sure, I've got nothing to do." He answered. "But can you do me a favor?"

I frowned. "Shoot."

"Bring Laura for Damy, please?"

I laughed. "Sure. Be there in an hour, okay?"

"I'm looking forward to it. See you, Emerald."

I smiled and pressed end, fingers typing in another number and raising the mobile to my ear impatiently.

"Laura, Damien;s invited you to his place for the day-please come, it'll be fun, I promise."

"Urrgh, Emerald you're going to kill me sometime... Fine I'll go." Laura gave in with a sigh.

"Yes! I'll come over to pick you up soon."

"Bye," she said sullenly.

"Oh, and put on something nice."

"BYE, EMERALD."

"Oh, fine. See you in a few!"

The line cut and I was left with the sound of the dial tone in my ear.

*********

I swung by Laura's in my electric blue Mini Cooper to pick her up, then we headed over to the boys' place. We arrived in a few minutes.

I grabbed Laura's arm and dragged her unwilling feet down the driveway and up the steps.

"I promise, you'll thank me for this later when you two get together permanently."

She rolled her eyes. "Oh, yeah, that's so gonna happen.

I groaned. "Be good."

I rang the doorbell. The sound of footsteps racing down the stairs echoed through the house and Aaron flung open the door. "Hi," he greeted, face lighting up when he saw Laura.

I grinned. "Hi yourself." I gestured to the both of us. "Can we come in?"

"Sure."

He let us into his house and closed the door behind us. "I'll take you guys to Damy's first."

We walked up the flight of stairs and Aaron barged into Damien's room with a bang.

He was lying face- down on his bed, shirtless. Damien groaned when Aaron flung open the curtains cheerfully. "Rise and shine, sleepyhead."

"Drop and die, dickhead," Damien retorted, voice muffled by his pillow.

"He's been feeling down lately," Aaron mouthed over to us. Laura's face was steadily turning redder and she turned abruptly to leave.

"Whoa, where are you going," I demanded.

"Where's who going?" Damien raised his head blearily and looked around. "Oh," he said when he saw the tomato- colored Laura, who was looking out of place. "Well then." He hopped out of bed in his sweats and stretched like a cat, muscles rippling sexily. I laughed as Laura's face turned a shade redder.

"We'll leave the lovebirds to it, then." Aaron announced and slipped an arm around my waist, guiding me out of the room and closing the door.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked cheekily.

"I thought we could wing it. I wasn't prepared..." He sulked.

"Hmmmmm... What were you going to do?"