Chapter 22: Pack Before Everything

Chapter 22:

It was the day of the Christmas Ball, or, as the students liked to call it, the winter formal. The teachers gave us the day off because they knew that everyone would be completely distracted the entire day, and to be honest, I would definitely be. But, since they cancelled our classes, my friends and I spent the better part of the day getting all dolled up.

Aaron came by a few hours ago, with a smile plastered on his face when he saw me. It was a nice change from seeing the droopy, dreary version of him a few days ago, but something in me was suspicious. What had been going on?

Laura and I had had a chat as well, and she said that Damien was acting the same way. Then she voiced out a concern that I really didn't want to think about:

"Are they getting tired of us?"

I automatically froze. Laughing half-heartedly, I replied. "No, Laurie, I don't think so. Maybe its family problems?"

She nodded, but she still didn't look convinced. "For the sake of both of us, lets hope so."

As of right now, Elexia and I had finished with our outfits and were in the midst of putting on the finishing touches of make-up.

I outlined my eyes with shimmery indigo shadow, black kohl and electric blue eyeliner, opting for a dark and mysterious air. Elexia had a similar style, except she had chosen to forgo the shadow since her mask--which was purple--'s eyes were smaller.

The seven of us had agreed to meet there, and our dates would have to find us in midst of the crowd. After all, what was the point of a masquerade ball if not masquerading?

_____-______

Aaron

All Emerald had told me was to get an indigo tie. Nothing more was said about her outfit.

I was currently huddled up with a bunch of the guys whose dates were Emerald's friends. I saw Hunter fixing his tie, which was a bright, fiery red. I could only guess who that was for.

Before long, the school hall-which was decorated really nicely, with snowflakes and white stuff floating down from the ceiling-was filled to the brim with students hitting the dance floor, doing shit that normal teens do. From my spot on the sidelines, I saw countless flasks of alcohol emptied into the punch, guaranteeing anyone who took a sip would be stone drunk by three minutes. Everyone was oohing and ahhing over the décor. The faeries really had gone all out this year. Everything was super realistic.

I finally pushed off the wall I was leaning on and sauntered into the middle of the dance floor. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her before everything went to the dogs and I had to finish what I came here to do. Briefly seeing a pair of narrowed green eyes through the crowd, I pushed and shoved my way towards that direction. Losing sight of her, I looked around frantically. But I was tired of waiting. I spread out with my werewolf senses and located her almost instantly, her scent of snowflakes and sunshine prominent amongst the sea of people. I walked quickly to where she was partying it out with her friends and tapped her shoulder.

When I froze, hand still outstretched. She looked beautiful with little bits of melting snow clung to her hair. Her emerald eyes were seductive and charming, and the mask, which was a mixture of dark blue and silver, with curlicue shapes made of silver wire on top of them, giving texture to it-made the entire look mysterious and glitzy. She wore an indigo dress, just like she said she would, with strappy silver heels glimmering on her feet. The dress was cut into layers of sheer silk, with a piece of dark blue fabric underneath. The strap cut across her chest and looped around her left shoulder, studded with little crystals, and the light refracted off the sides, sparkling with light.