Chapter 3-- His Brother

Chapter 3:

So, today is the first OFFICIAL day of school, and I'm absolutely psyched about it! Veronica and Miranda promised to save seats for me, and I could also see Aaron again! This school year is turning out more awesome than I thought it would be. Hunter didnt spend the night, so I got a good night’s rest and woke up half an hour earlier than usual, and spent loads of time on my wardrobe. I chose a pale blue halter sundress and black leggings underneath, sliding a jewel-studded turquoise hair band into my brown and gold streaked locks. Shrugging on a silver studded leather jacket, I grabbed my bag.

**********

I fingered my bow and arrow necklace as I hovered by 1G's classroom, Elexia's one. I just needed a boost of confidence before heading upstairs. And-- I admit-- I needed advice.

Elexia emerged from the classroom, and shook her black tresses out of her face. "You wanted to talk?" She asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Do you think should talk to him today?"

"Come on, Em," she laughed. "You look stunning today. He would have a hard time ignoring you."

I had spilled my guts to Elexia after the day Aaron had noticed me, and she totally empathized.

I sighed. "Okay then... I have to get to class—see you!" I waved and sprinted up the stairs. As I rounded the corner, I ran smack into a guy. I bounced back, out of breath. I looked up into gunmetal grey eyes. "I'm so sorry," I said sheepishly. "I'm not normally such a klutz."

He smiled warmly. There was something familiar in that smile... where had I seen it before? "Its no problem, I just wasn't looking."

I returned his smile. "So I guess I'll see you around,"

He nodded. “Yeah. I'm in 3F. My name is Alex. And, you are?" He stuck his hand out for me to shake.

“Emerald. I'm in 3E." I shook his hand.

"Oh, my baby bro twin is in 3E too, his name is Aaron, keep an eye on him for me, okay? By the way, in case you were wondering, I transferred this year." He winked. Oh... Now that’s why his smile was so familiar. Speaking of, I saw the family resemblance too. The tousled hair, the defined cheekbones. The only major difference was the color of their eyes.

“Okay, I know Aaron. I’ll see what I can do.”

"Have fun on the first day," he called as I ran up the remaining stairs.

I walked into 3E and sat down next to Veronica just as the bell went off. She straight-off introduced me to a girl called Natasha, who insisted to be called Tasha. Tasha thought Natasha was too much of a mouthful. Then, a girl who I used to study with, Kathleen, introduced me to Farrhan, who sat beside her. Farrhan was a champion swimmer, who had won many district-wide competitions. Hunter sat some ways away from me, along with his posse, containing Lukas, and a boy named Darren, whom I had known since kindergarten. All of the people there could play sports, so I automatically labeled them as the jock crowd. Aaron sat across the aisle from me and offered a small smile in my direction. Nathan sat beside him and waved. I decided to talk about his twin brother later.

Veronica tugged on my arm. Pointing at all the people I didn't recognize, she named them all off by heart. "That’s Jacob-"

"Like the Twilight star?" I sniggered.

She stared at me exasperatedly. "Yes, now listen up. You remember everyone from group one yesterday, so I'll skip to the others. Grant, Hadley, Keenan, Ariel, Joyce, Mandy, Kelsey, Randall, Stephen, Samson, Jordan, Elden, Weatherly, Harta," I zoned out after a bit. That was a total overload. I did know some of them already though. I started to listen in again when she mentioned Aaron's name in whispers.

"Judging by the time you came in, you should have seen Aaron's brother."

"I actually crashed into him on the stairs! It was so embarrassing!" I whisper-yelled.

Miranda leaned over and sighed in adoration. "That boy is eye candy to the max!"

I giggled. “Miranda, you think every guy is eye candy. STAHP!”