Chapter 16-- More Secrets? Part 2

Chapter 15:

"What?"

"The boy in the picture is your elder brother."

"THEN WHY DON'T I REMEMBER HIM?" I shouted, waving my hands around madly. Tears were streaming down my face in torrents. I had always wanted a brother. Thoughts of what could have been flooded my mind.

"Because we got your memory altered. Elexia's mother did it herself." Mom confessed guiltily.

"Why?" I asked brokenly, wiping the tear tracks from my face in vain.

"We didn't want you to know that you had a rogue for a brother, Emerald," Dad explained.

"You took my memories. You stole what was rightfully mine!" I seethed.

"We only wanted what was best for you," they said.

I gritted my teeth. "You are both horrible parents." Shock and horror flitted over their faces as I raised my hand, preparing to smash the picture to pieces, when the picture shivered in my hand and sucked my conscience in.

**********

"Wha-- What?" I stumbled and landed in the main corridor of SFC. I looked around. The lights were dimmed and the windows were dark. I caught a glimpse of my wings. They glowed a shade of purple effervescently. Maybe it was another one of my spirit powers.

I heard the sound of voices coming from the front doors and spun around to face them. Six figures stumbled through the doorway in pairs. I sucked in a gasp. They were the people from the picture!

The blond boy had his arm thrown around the brunette girl, stumbling up the entrance steps clumsily. The girl poked him in the stomach and laughed, saying, "Get up, Asher, I can't lug your drunk ass around all night and up 3 flights of stairs,"

"No, Beverly, gimme 5 more minutes!" He whined, shutting his eyes tight. She laughed again and shouted over to the other couple. "Jace, give me a hand with him, please."

"Sure," The raven- haired one, Jace, let go of the auburn- haired girl and wedged his shoulder underneath Asher's arm, taking up half his weight. "Jason Armstrong, at your service," he said gallantly. Beverly giggled and let go. Apparently Jace was with Sierra and Asher with Beverly. My people reading skills suck.

"Sierra, you want to head up to your room first?" He asked. "I'll come see you later, 'kay babes?"

"Sure," She nodded and bounded off in the direction of the east stairs, yelling, “Come on, girls," over her shoulder.

I turned my gaze to the last couple lingering by the main staircase. Their hands were linked and foreheads pressed together as they whispered feverishly to each other. They broke apart when they heard Sierra's yell.

"Wait up, Si," Diare said, waving after her. She pressed a short, chaste kiss to Kristopher's lips, murmuring "Goodnight, Kris." Then, she turned and dashed off in Sierra's direction with Beverly. Kristopher ran a hand through his disheveled black hair and sauntered over to help Jace with Asher. They shuffled awkwardly towards the stairs, cursing when Asher's feet dragged on the steps. I hurried to follow their path as they jammed the door open. I slipped inside as they hauled him into his room and dumped him on the bed on top of the comforter, Jace closing the door after him.

Kristopher ran a hand through his unruly black hair and sighed, sitting on the black beanbag in the corner.

"I saw the rogues again," he began.

Jace spat out the water he was about to gulp down. "You what?"

"They gave me an offer to join them." He continued as if Jace hadn't spoken.