Laughter is the best medicine

~flaaaashhhhbaaaacckkkkkk~

It was another lousy day of 8th grade, I sat in the library doing my homework. I wasn't doing well at all in my classes, and I was going through a ton. 5 hours of homework every night didn't exactly help. Facts were facts and I had stone cold depression; my parents got a divorce, my grades were slipping, my friends abandoned me, which means no friends, and nothing really to bounce back on. So there I sat in the back of the library, doing homework alone in the shelf columns. I had my headphones in and I had my music blasting, not wanting to interact with any of the world. That's when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up from from some stupid Pythagorean theorem equations and saw a girl sat beside me, staring at my math homework and eating french fries...? I pulled out my headphones and met her stare. "Do you need help?" She asks. "Umm.." I stared back and forth between her and my math sheet and sighed. "Probably...it's not like I really understand what I'm doing..." She looked at my answers, "you do know what you're doing clearly, I just wanted to know if you wanted the answers...and maybe some fries?" She held the box in my direction and I was fucking stumped. "What???" She looked at the paper and pointed at each problem. "16, 54, 12, 19, 37, 69-" she stopped to chuckle slightly. "44, 72, 11, and 13!" I stared at her wide eyed, still incredibly puzzled. "Who the hell are you and why did you sit here?!?!" She pulled 2 sodas out of her backpack and handed me one. "Dr. Pepper...my favorite...? No. Wait. Answer the question." She laughed, "I'm Roni, yes I'm weird, now eat a fry." And she literally put one in my mouth, ketchup dribbled down the side of my mouth. I was so confused and I spent so long being sad and I just...laughed. "You're very pretty!" Roni remarked. "Thanks but I'm weirded out." She sighed, "don't worry, it's fine...did I come on too strong again..?" That's when it hit me, she was just like me. Roni looked me dead in the eye, "I noticed you sat alone and I was too and I just..." Her voice trailed off. "Nonono I'm sorry!" I responded quickly. And just like that she was giggling. I looked at her puzzled again, "it was just so serious..? Why are you laughing so quickly?" Roni looked at me, "one thing my mom taught me..." She started saying in a sing song voice lit's easy to be sad, it's easy to be awkward, it's easy to mad, and maybe a small stalker. It's easy to lie, or steal, or cheat, or cry. But the one thing no one does enough is laugh, it makes the world a better placeeeee, and it's the truth..." She stopped singing in her weird type voice. "And laughter is really the best medicine!" She booped my nose. And tilted the box of fries toward me again "Another fry?"