Chapter 5-Survival Test

~Chidori's P.O.V~

I watched as the others battled against my dad. Noticing how all of them were attacking one after the other, I knew we were going to have to collaborate to beat him.

"Hey, Sasuke, do you wanna work together?" I asked, landing beside him. 

"Hn, no I work alone," he grumbled. I frowned and made my way to Sakura.

"Hey, do you wanna team up?" I asked, trying to sound as nice as possible. I thought that maybe the reason Sasuke said "no" was because he realized I didn't like him.

"No, I'm going to help Sasuke." She smiled, creeping towards him like a stalker.

I rolled my eyes, hoping they wouldn't fall to the back of my head at this point. I started to run to Naruto, slapping myself when I realized I should have gone to him first. "Naruto, let's beat him together." I smiled.

He smiled back and nodded. "Yeah." We started to work out a plan, and finally we were ready to put it into action.

I made some hand signs, Hidden mist jutsu I said in my head, a heavy fog beginning to wash over everything. Naruto made some shadow clones, distracting Da...Sensei enough to where I could use my chidori and shock him through the water collecting on the group from all the moisture. I collected two bells from Sensei's belt, tossing one to Naruto before releasing the jutsu.

"It worked, believe it!" he cheered, grabbing me around the waist and jumping with me. 

"Good work, you two." My dad smiled and the timer went off.

In the end Sasuke and Sakura lost. Their stomachs growled, the sound echoing through the empty forest. 

"Stomachs growling huh? Well that's too bad," Dad teased. "Oh, and about this exercise, I won't be sending any of you back to the academy."

Naruto smiled from ear to ear, arms still hooked around me. 

"What, I passed? All I did was faint and fall over, do you get points for that?" Sakura asked. "Besides, I didn't even get a bell." Sakura, Naruto and I cheered. Sasuke huffed, but smiled. 

"That means all four of us...all four of us!-" Naruto was cut off by Sensei.

"No, the two of you are being dropped from the program." He gave a closed eyed smile, arms behind his back.

We all stopped celebrating.

"Drop us from the program? That means we can never become ninja! You said if we didn't get the bells, we would be sent back to the academy. You can't just change your mind!" Naruto yelled, letting go of me in favor of pointing accusingly at my father.

"The...two of us?" Sakura sounded confused.

"Yes, you and Sasuke. Cause you two don't think like ninja, you think like brats." Sensei's eyes narrowed, arms falling to his sides.

Sasuke charged at our Sensei, pulling out a kunai and everything.

"Sasuke!" Sakura screamed, hands held close to her face.

Sasuke was thrown on the ground by our Sensei, who was holding him down by the neck. "You think it's all about you," Dad said, glaring down at Sasuke.

"Let go of Sasuke, you can't step on him like he's just some kind of bug!" Sakura yelled, stomping furiously.

"You don't know what it means to be ninja. You think it's a game, huh? Why do you think we put you on squads? Did you ever consider that question for a moment?" Kakashi asked, pushing Sasuke further into the ground.