Chapter 16-Important mission

~Kiba's P.O.V~

"Yeah what is it?" I asked, turning to face Chidori. 

"Is this a date or something?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

I blushed a deep red. "I dunno...do you want it to be?" I asked, too afraid to give a straight answer. 

"Maybe." She smiled. Her smile was gorgeous. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I chuckled, putting my hands behind me to support my upper body as I lent back. 

"Well, if this is a date then...you know what, nevermind," she said nervously, looking back  at the sky. 

"No, now you're going to have to tell me," I said, poking her shoulder. 

"Well, I was going to ask...can I kiss you?" she whispered. "But that's a little weird so-"I cut her off by touching my lips to hers. For a moment, she stared at me, shocked, but then she closed her eyes. I did the same, relaxing my body. She lifted her arms, bringing them to my neck and letting them hang there. After a few seconds, we broke apart. 

Chidori took a breath and smiled. "That was a nice kiss."

"You're not that bad either," I smirked, looking at the sky.

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you implying I'm a bad kisser?" she yelled, her finger pointed at my face.

"No, that's not what I meant," I chuckled.

"Okay, whatever. Anyway, I should get going, my dad will be looking for me," she said, standing up.

"All right," I said, standing up as well. We walked together in comfortable silence as we went home. 

~Chidori's P.O.V~

After Kiba had taken my first kiss, I remembered I had to make it home to have dinner with my dad. When I arrived, he was sitting at the dining room table reading his book. Which, to be honest, was unsurprising. Sadly. 

"Where were you?" he asked, the book still up to his eyes.

"Out with Kiba," I said, gathering some fruit from the kitchen and sitting down.

"How was it?" he asked, lowering his book.

"Fine, we just talked," I said, shrugging.

"Okay, if that's all," Dad said suspiciously, walking to his room. I sighed and finished eating, before going to my own room.

~Next day~

When I opened my eyes the next morning my father was standing over me, a smile on his face. "What?" I asked, groggily. 

"We have a mission," he stated, walking out of the room. I nodded and started getting ready, same outfit as usual. I ran to the kitchen, ate something, and ran out of the house with my father to the Hokage's mansion.

"What's our mission?" Dad asked.

"I need you two to track down the hiding place of the Akatsuki and then report back everything," Lady Tsunade ordered.

We nodded and left the mansion, going home to pack. Before I left, I wanted to tell Kiba, so I made my way to his house. I knocked on his door and, for the first time, he was the one that answered the door.

"Hey, what is it?" he asked, leaning on the door frame. Is that a guy thing?

"I'm leaving on a mission, and I won't be back for a while. Just thought you should know." I smiled, opening my arms to him. 

He smiled back and he hugged me. "Be safe," he whispered. 

When we pulled away, I said,"You too." And I took off to the gates of Konoha.

(A/N: This is another really short chapter, sorry! And now Chidori is leaving again, uuuuggggghhhh! Alrighty then, hope you all have great days, bye!)