Chapter 21- Happy Birthday!

~Kiba's P.O.V~

When I awoke, I carefully rolled myself out of bed to avoid waking up a sleepy Chidori. I Put on some fresh clothes before tip toeing across the creaking floorboards and out of Chidori's room. Trying my best not to make noise as I made it down stairs and got something to eat, I left the house. Sakura, Sasuke, Sai, Ino, Choji, Shikamaru, Naruto, Hinata, Tenten, Neji, and Lee were all waiting for me at the training grounds, standing around with their arms crossed. 

"So, what're we gonna do?" Sakura asked. We had been on the topic of Chidori's birthday for awhile now, not exactly knowing what to do for her. 

"We should do something simple, she doesn't like fancy things," I suggested. 

"But, we need to do something that'll make her feel special," Naruto added.

"Why are women so complicated?" Sai asked.

"I... don't actually know," I answered honestly, a chuckle working its way through my throat.

"I've got it! Kiba should take her out to eat while we set up her house with decorations and make a cake. When they come, we'll surprise her and have fun!" Naruto announced happily.

"Yeah, she'll love it!" Sakura cheered.

"Shouldn't we be a little quieter?" Neji asked.

"No, it's okay, she won't be awake for a while," I said. "So you guys should go and get her something."

"What about you?" Sasuke asked.

"I already got her something," I said, smiling like a madman.

"Alrighty. Now we just need to make sure she doesn't find out," Lee said.

"Who finding out about what?" said a voice.

The high pitched voice had suddenly pierced the air, shocking everyone. "CHIDORI!" we all yelled, startled.

"WHAT?" she yelled back, smiling as usual.

After I was over the shock, I moved towards my soon to be girlfriend. "I thought you were asleep," I said. 

"I was, but when I realized you weren't there I got worried and went to look for you," she said, stretching out her arms.

"He sleeps with you?" Naruto and Sasuke asked simultaneously, devious smiles on their faces. 

"I-it's not like that!" Chidori and I yell at the same time.

"AWWWWWW~!!" everyone cooed.

"Shut up!" Chidori laughed, charging at Naruto and tackling him to the ground. 

"Fine, fine. Anyway you two should be going now," Neji said.

"Why?" Chidori whined.

"Because I said so," He responded.

Chidori huffed, crossed her arms, and walked away. I followed her, moving faster so I could walk beside her. 

"What were you guys talking about?" she asked, smiling and leaning against my shoulder.

"Nothing much," I said, smiling right back.

"Come on, I know you guys were talking about something," she whined.

"I know, but you don't have to worry about it," I said, rolling my eyes at her childish behavior. Chidori was that one person who had never liked surprises. 

"You're being mean," she pouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I laughed, rubbing her head.

"Fine, but I know you're up to something, and I will find out what," she threatened.