Chapter 20

~Chidori's P.O.V~

My eyes barely  cracked open when the sun practically blinded me. I tried turning, a sad attempt to get away from the white rays, only to end up on the cold hardwood floor. Head now pounding, body hurting, and eyes burning, I marched my way into my closet. I rubbed my eyes, trying to lift my lashes so they wouldn't stick to my eye balls as I grabbed my clothes. 
I heard a knock on my door, a growl escaping my lips before I made my way over. As predicted, it was my father. 

"You okay?" He asked as soon as I opened the door. "I heard a loud thump, are you hurt or something?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. My head hurts, I'm tired, and I'm pissed off, but other then that I'm having a great day," I chuckled, the sarcasm bleeding through the walls. 

"Yeah, yeah, just get up and leave. I'm going to be on a mission for a couple of days. Tell Kiba to stay over and no funny business while I'm gone, okay?" he said, walking out the door.

I groaned and walked outside. I wanted to turn back, run to my room and go back to sleep, but I decided against it. Making myself stay awake was the best thing for me at the moment. Kiba's house was a very familiar route at this point, so it felt like no time had passed before I arrived at his front door. I barely had time to knock before Kiba's mom opened the door. "Your dad already told me about Kiba staying over. He's packing, would you like to come in?" she asked.

Still slightly delirious from sleep, I nodded, lazily making my way inside. I sat down on a couch, beginning to doze off, when I heard Kiba's mom say something. "What was that, Miss?"

"Oh nothing, I just know Kiba finds something special about you. He loves you, ya know. You two will make a fine couple." She smirked.

Unexpectedly, there was no warmth covering my features, nor was there a jittery feeling in my stomach, it just felt normal. Before long, Kiba came tumbling over, carrying a bag over his shoulder. 

"Hey, what's up?" he asked when he saw me, setting the bag down in favor of a hug. 

I hugged back, now talking into his ear. "Nothing, my dad just told me to tell you to come over, but I see you were already aware of that," I said, yawning every once in awhile. 

"You seem tired," he said.

"No, really?" I said, rolling my eyes. 

He laughed and we released the hug. "Well, now I'm going to train. See you later, alligator!" I waved, walking out the door.

He grabbed my hand as I was walking out. I turned to look at him, when I was suddenly met with a kiss. I totally froze, the kiss no matter how short, stunning me for a moment. When we separated he smirked. "You still can't deal with the fact that we're dating?"

"No, I can't deal with you trying to sufficate me so suddenly" I yelled, flicking him on the head.

"Bye, I love you!" he called after me as I ran away.

"Love you too!" I yelled back.

When I arrived at the training field, I mainly focused on my Chidori, trying to push myself to the limit. In between I stretched, practiced throwing kunai, and just perfected as much as I could. By the end of the day several trees had been mauled, and three boulders had been blown to bits. Pairing well with this, were my bleeding palms. I collapsed from exaustion, back landing on the warm grass. I thought back to one of my earlier missions, the Akatsuki group. I knew some of them were good people, granted some of them were weird and sadistic, but good people nonetheless.
I neeed to bring them here, make a truce, find out where their loyalties lie. I believed they still belonged in the village. Itachi and the others were as nice as nice can get, but I was the only one that thought so. Why I was the only one in the village that believed in second chances, I had no idea, but I was to do the right thing if I was wrong. 

After I stopped thinking about the Akatsuki, I realized that I had overdone my training a little bit. My hands were bruised and a bit bloody, my chakra was low, and I was ready to pass out. I chuckled, thinking about how stupid I was. The chuckled quickly escalated into full on laughter, but died down after a minute. 

I looked up at the sky, the moon barely visable, but still there. I lifted my hand towards the sky, but dropped it when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I flopped my head to one side, noticing it was Kiba. "Chidori, are you okay?" he yelled.

"Yep, I'm totally fine!" I smile. He stood above me, arms crossed in a displeased manner. "Yeah, of course you're fine, that's why you're bleeding and lying on the ground with almost no chakra."

I simply gave him the best shrug I could muster. He picked me up and we walked (really only he walked because he was carrying me) to my house. When we got there I bandaged up my hands and plopped myself down on the couch.

"So, I have some questions for you," I said, looking at Kiba, who was eating.

"What?" he asked, mouth slightly full. 

"Did you like Yuki?" I asked, picking at my new bandages.

"You mean your demon? She was nice," he said, shrugging.

"Wow, you are really good at making me feel good about how you think about her," I said sarcastically.

"I know, right?" He smiled.

"Did you know it wasn't me right away?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Actually no, I didn't," he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah, I thought you would be too dense," I chuckled.

"Hey!" he yelled in mock offense.

"It's just the cold hard truth, Kiba," I said.

He looked down at the ground, seemingly deep in thought. We sat there in silence for a while before he decided to break it. "We've only been on one date, right?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said, more than a little confused.

"Okay," he said, smiling.

"What're you up to?" I asked.

"Oh, so now whenever I smile you'll think I'm doing something wrong?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"There's a difference between your regular cute smile, and the smile you just did," I said, stating a fact.

"You think my smile is cute?" he asked, blushing.

"Of course," I said, rolling my eyes as if to say, obviously.

"So, when do you think you'll be able to stand again?" he asked.

"Probably tomorrow morning," I said, calculating how many hours it would take me to build up my chakra again.

"Okay," he said, smiling. "Night."

"Wait!" I yelled.

"What?" he asked, hand paused at the rounded corner of the wall.

"Can you carry me to my room?" I asked.

"Sure," he said, walking back over to me and picking me up. He carried me to my room and set me down on the bed.

"Stay with me?" I whined.

He groaned but got in bed.

"Am I really that bad to sleep with?" I mumbled. 

"No, it's not that. I love sleeping with you (A/N:yes I know that sounded wrong), but I'm really used to sleeping by myself. And you do kick a bit," he said.

"Oh, sorry," I whispered.

"It's fine. Night," he whispered.

"Night," I whispered back.

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a while but a lot of stuff has been going on and I needed time. I thank all of you for reading this book and if you haven't gotten bored yet then, YAY! You all are awesome!)