Part 10 • Mask

"San! Choi San! Take a look at this!" Olivia barged in his room, showing her phone to him.

San sat up and tried to open his eyes as wide as possible, but it was a lot difficult than he thought. With his sleepy slit eyes, he squined to focus his vision on the text message by Yejun. That annoying guy again.

Yejun: Rica told me you're in Paris. I'll be on my way. Wait for me baby. I can explain.

"I told you he regrets it. He's coming for me." Olivia said in excitement.

San stared at her as she celebrated. "You look stupid." He remarked. Olivia couldn't process if he's joking or not. It was kinda offensive. "You came here to move on, and avoid embarrassment, and now you're happy that Prince Charming is coming his way for you? Stupid." He said messing her already messy hair.

"It's always good to forgive. I should give him a second chance. Anger is a heavy burden after all." Olivia told San, then tried to escape but he grabbed her and pinned her on the bed.

It was just now that Olivia realized that San was not wearing a shirt. She gulped, eyeing his jawline, towards his neck, then his collarbone.

"He should respect you. He should know when he's hurting you and know when to stop! Did he? Did he?" His words came more like growl.

Olivia nodded, trying to wiggle her way away from him, but he held her firmly. "S-sorry. I...I'm going crazy over this for nothing. I mean you should forgive him. Give him chance. Just tell Hongjoong hyung and explain everything to him, before you run into this bastard's open arms." He said on a more relaxed tone, looking away from her in embarrassment.

He snapped.

He lost his control.

"Why are you going crazy over this?" Olivia asked.

San looked her in the eye as if he was a lost puppy. He looked so sad and helpless.

"My mother, and I got beaten by my father a lot as child. I watched him beat her until she's bleeding and bruising. I never said a word. I kept quiet. I watched him yell at her, call her degrading words. Even when I got older, I couldn't stop him even when I tried enrolling to a taekwondo class. My mother left us for a rich man. Her first love, and forgotten all about me. I was a nightmare to her. I...I just think guys like my father are monsters. He can hurt you mentally and verbally, who knows, he might hurt you physically and you're allowing him." San explained his point and it made sense to Olivia.

"If I don't get back with him, is there going to be an...us?" She asked nervously.

San backed away with confused expression. "Us?" He chuckled. "If I mislead you in any way, I'm sorry. That's just not me." He said going back to bed, covering his face with a blanket.

"Well this sucks!" Olivia said in disbelief.

"What sucks?" San asked, removing the blanket on his face to see Olivia. They both stared at each other in irritation, before San has decided to get rid of her. He hates girls in his personal space for too long. "Well, if you're done, you made your way in yourself, I'm assuming you can show yourself out." He said covering his face again.

Olivia stood up disappointed and hurt.

As soon as she made her way out of San's personal Hell, she saw Wooyoung and Yeosang staring at her. "What the fuck! I swear to God, she's already fallen under San's spell." Yeosang whispered but loud enough for her to hear. He pulled his wallet and gave 50 Euros to Wooyoung.

"San will never disobey Hongjoong hyung." Wooyoung explained, taking Yeosang's money.

"So, the devil choose his victims after all." Yeosang hissed.