Part 17 • Friends

Seonghwa woke up from the whispers and got up, frowning when he realized that Noelle was not beside him anymore. She must've left him when he fell asleep. The person beside him was now Hongjoong who looked tired as ever. The bastard is finally sleeping while laying down.

Usually he's at an odd position or odd place. If you ever wake him up and ask him to sleep somewhere else, he would say stupid excuses like: 'I wasn't sleeping, I'm just meditating.' He just never runs out of excuses.

Sometimes he would say that he's just thinking, but he was clearly sleeping.

Sometimes Seonghwa feels embarrassed when he makes up excuses because everybody knows it's a lie.

"Go to your room." Seonghwa hit Hongjoong's ass to wake him up. He got up and looked around before rubbing his eyes once again. He looked confused for some reason.

Without telling him twice, he got up dusting himself. "I was just visualizing a movie scene. I wasn't sleeping." He said, making Seonghwa smile and nod at him. "Yeah, sure." Seonghwa nodded.

"I was feeling it. Let me just focus inside my room." He said and left.

Seonghwa watched him wobble towards his room, making sure he did before Seonghwa could finally go to the kitchen to get himself a drink. His throat was kinda dry. Yunho came in sight, giving medicine to Hannah, except, her hair was longer and her bangs was gone.

Wait...this isn't Hannah. It's Holly.

That girl who got Olivia wasted last night. Hannah's evil twin.

"Thank you." She told Yunho taking the medicine. There's one thing that Seonghwa noticed. She faked putting the tablet in her mouth. She still has it on her hand, but she looks like she already swallowed it and now drinking water.

"Should we get your knee checked again? Why isn't it making progress?" He asked Holly, but she shook her head. Of course she would shook her head, she's lying. There's nothing to to check up on. Buy why?

Why is she lying?

There's a lot of good liars in this house. One is Hongjoong, he doesn't want to let anybody know that he's sleeping for some reason. Second one is Mingi, who exaggerates to make all his stories cool. To make himself look cool. At least that's what everybody assumes.

But those two are only doing it for fun. They know that everybody knew they're lying, or they don't.

Holly's situation is different. Why is she lying about her knee? Does she love the attention, or was it because of something else. Seonghwa wanted to let it go for now. He didn't want to get to know Holly anyways.

A person like her will come and go. If a person was dishonest, she didn't want anybody to know her. There's only two possibilities why she lied. It's because she's pretending to be something else to look cooler than her boring life, or she didn't bother to show her true self because she's not planning on staying.

That's only Seonghwa's judgements. It was nothing personal. He just doesn't what Holly did last night. He's not important anyway.

He just wanted to get out of here and buy more books with Noelle. Staying here with these people just make him doubt his sanity. With Noelle, it's life is pretty simple. They buy books, and share opinions about it. Last week they bought tons of teen fiction books but ended up reading some classics instead. Maybe he can use that as an excuse to hang with her today.

On his way towards her apartment, she barged in, holding three books. "Hey, I think I found really cute ones that would make us cry." She said excitedly, pulling Seonghwa towards the room that he shares with Hongjoong.