Part 22 - Breaking

"Who's Yves?"

Yunho and Mingi glanced at each other, contemplating to tell a painful story that doesn't have a closure. But it was a long time ago. It's a story better be left alone.

"She's our childhood friend. She has a very special spot in our hearts, me and Mingi. But she disappeared without a trace one day. All we know was, she needed to get treated for cancer." Yunho explained.

Even Hannah has no idea there was a certain childhood friend that Mingi has.

"Oh. I'm so sorry to hear about that." Holly told Yunho, assuming Yves is dead. She might be. Not all cancer patients survive after all.

Holly suddenly recalled the picture in Yunho's room. The chubby girl might be Yves after all and not Yoona.

"No, it's ok now actually. It's been a long time after all." Yunho said glancing at Mingi who was smiling back at him.

There was a long silence of them just taking a shot of alcohol before Yeosang noticed Hongjoong Sleeping on them.  He never changed. He even used his thick book as a pillow.

"Hyung!" Yeosang called, shaking Hongjoong.

He opened his tired eyes and was frustrated that his sleep was interrupted. He looked tired as ever, but still managed to flash a smile.

"Are you sleeping at this beautiful occasion?" Yeosang asked in between chuckles, while everybody were focused on Hongjoong.

Hongjoong shook his head. "No, I was conversing with this book. I had to be this close to it to feel the connection." He said as an excuse making them all laugh.

His friend all shook their heads on his nonsense. He always has an excuse whenever he's caught sleeping. It's not even a crime, so why does he keep saying excuses?

"I get it, it's boring. You'd rather sleep than celebrate my last days before getting married." Mingi dramatically said on his forced high tone voice as he pretends to cry on Yunho's shoulders.

Hongjoong chuckled at him as well as the others. He grabbed Hannah's hand held it gently. "I feel bad for you, are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, winking to hint her to lie to prank and tease Mingi.

Hannah thought it would be funny to see Mingi's reaction, so she pouts and said, "I think we need to postpone the wedding." She glanced at Mingi who sat straight with a hurt expression. She got the reaction she needed but felt bad to see him like that. Might might look intimidating with his height and sharp features, he might sound scary with his deep raspy voice but he's just a soft marshmallow, harmless creature that has to be protected and cherished.

"Kidding." She said without letting Mingi suffer much longer. Mingi clung onto her, and buried his face on her neck. He was just so afraid to lose her that sometimes he thinks what he feels is not healthy anymore.

Because of his past experience, he was so afraid to be left again. He's afraid that Hannah will also leave him overtime.

The doorbell rang, interrupting the conversation. Holly was more than happy to open the door because she didn't have to answer their earlier questions.

The moment she opened the door, it was Yoona who's behind it and you can tell that she's on a good mood by her wide bright smile.

Hannah and Mingi came to welcome their guest. Hannah stepped back when she realized she didn't know this person. She hasn't seen Yunho's sister before yet. Mingi on the other hand, hugged Yoona happily, since she's like his own sister as well.

"Noona?" Yunho spoke as he stood up.

"I have a surprise." Yoona happily said as she stepped aside, revealing a pretty girl behind her, wearing a white dress, which made her seem like an angel sent from heaven.