Chapter Six~ Timekeeper

A/N: Here's a light-ish chapter. Just thought I'd show the Spirits bonding :) Not too plaesed with this chapter, but it'll have to do.... ~7imekeeper

*********************************

CHAPTER SIX~ TIMEKEEPER.

[TWO EARTH WEEKS LATER]

I exit the tunnel, satisfied at the status of a couple’s relationship, which has been going on quite smoothly. She is even going to visit his parents next week.

I leave my blandly white room and enter the Center, where Interceptor and Conscience#3 are having an animated conversation.

“And he looked around and started freaking out. I swear, humans come up with the strangest words when they’re mad,” Interceptor was saying.

Conscience#3 giggles. “I wish I had been there to see his face,” she says wistfully. “But ding dong ditching sounds super childish.”

“Obese men with red faces swinging socks around ‘threateningly’ are really hilarious so it was worth it,” Interceptor laughs, air quoting ‘threatening’.

I smile as I think of something else that would be really hilarious.

I sneak up behind Conscience#3 and quietly poke both of her sides. She shoots straight up, squealing like a pig. Her arms fly out instinctively, smacking Interceptor in the face. Whipping around and scowling at me, she whines, “Don’t do that!”

I burst out laughing as Interceptor scowls, rubbing his cheek.

“C, you have the sharpest nails ever! Really, it’s not like you need them,” he complains.

“C?” I ask, bemused.

“Conscience#3 is a mouth full,” he explains, shrugging.

“Alright, Interceptor,” I smirk, emphasizing his name.

Timekeeper,” he says, using the same tone I had used, “I didn’t get to pick out my name. Sadly.”

“What name would you have picked?” Conscience#3 asks curiously, while examining her indeed sharp and long nails.

Interceptor looks thoughtful.

“Alexander Steven Anders Marcus LeBron Philips. Dr. Philips, for short.”

Conscience#3 and I stare at his smug face, then at each other before bursting out laughing.

“It is an amazing name, thank you very much!” Dr. Philips says hotly.

“Did you know that there’s a man in the human world named Dr. Phil with a receding hairline who listens to emotional women, and gives them advice as his job?” Conscience#3 manages to choke out somewhere between her giggles.

He frowns.

“Good to see the three of you bonding,” Matetracker calls out, informing us of her teleported presence. She walks over, holding a big smile on her face.

“They’re laughing at my expense!” Interceptor tattletales.

Matetracker lifts an eyebrow.

“Oh really? And what have you done now?” she asks, bemused.

“I- hey! I didn’t do anything!” Interceptor says.

“He wants to change his name,” Conscience#3 informs her.

“This should be interesting,” Matetracker says.

“Alexandra Stephanie Alexis Marcela LaTasha Philips. Dr. Phil for short,” I tell her, whiling trying to keep a straight face.