Chapter Seventeen~ Hayden

Previously...

[Chapter 13~Hayden]

     Once I’m home, in my apartment, I immediately cannonball onto my bed.

     I bury my face into the plush fur of Strawberry, the stuffed dog I’ve had since I was three.

     So much has happened today. My face goes red as everything replays in my head.

   “I like you.”

    Those three words echo in my mind and I chuckle humorlessly to myself.

    ‘Too bad.’ I think. ‘Because I think I’m in love with you.’

*************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN~HAYDEN. 

              ‘Because I think I’m in love with you.’

              I groan as I come to the conclusion. I love Cole. The situation doesn’t really allow me to learn about him in general, but his… way of communicating to me. We have a connection, I know it. And I can only hope that one day I’ll be the reason he breaks through his trance.

             Sighing, I try to fall asleep. I eventually do, with Cole’s face etched in my mind. I’ve got it bad.

 ~

             I get up earlier than usual the next morning, and head to the local coffee shop, deciding that I wanted a white chocolate mocha today. Closing my eyes, I let the hot liquid slide down my throat, warming up my body. After a few relaxed minutes, I get in my car and drive to work.

             My first lesson is with Cole, and my heart beats faster with every step I take towards Room 17. I take a deep breath before opening his door slightly. Cole, lounging on the arm chair with a thick book, turns and smiles at me. His eyes are a wonderful, electric shade of blue.

           “Hey Cole,” I say breathlessly. “You ready?”

           “Good morning, Hayden,” he says, standing up and stretching. He is tall, lanky, and really pale, but it’s still hard to look away. I feel a blush creep up my face as I remember my epiphany from last night.

           “I picked up that book you told me about last time,” he says with a grin.

           I look at him in surprise. “You remembered?” I ask.

           “Of course,” he replies, his eyes slightly clouding with confusion.

           He remembers.  Storing away this piece of information, I grin at the man in front of me and ask, “So did you enjoy it?”

          “More than I thought I would.”

          I tilt my head to the right. I thought the book would be intriguing even before I read the book, by the back cover. 

          “What do you mean by that?” I ask.

          “It wasn’t too good. But I had expected it to be worse, so I enjoyed it more than I thought I would,” he says.

          “Really now?” I say casually. “Well, I had found the book quite intriguing.”

          He shrugs.