Chapter Fourteen~Timekeeper

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Recap~

     As soon as the thought is released, everything disappears. Or rather, I disappear.

     “What the-”

     My voice stops when I notice the blonde man with the serious face staring at me in shock.

Chapter Fourteen~ Timekeeper

               I can’t sleep.

         I want to, since it seems the only times I’m happy now are when I’m dreaming of the girl. But I cannot; my mind won’t let me. Instead, I try for pacing back and forth, mentally double checking all assignment statuses.

         Suddenly, everything fades out and a sweet voice echoes in my head.

         ‘Too bad. Because I think I’m in love with you.’

         My hands automatically jerk up towards my head as I stare at the floor in bewilderment. I brace myself for the pain, but it never comes .        

         Instead, my bed starts to glow a soft yellow. I watch it in confusion. Gradually, the light fades and replacing it, is a young woman.

         “What the-” she begins, looking up.

         Our eyes connect and it feels like I just dropped from the top of a rollercoaster. My breath gets caught in my throat as I stare at the sight in front of me, mesmerized by her coffee colored eyes, her beautiful heart shaped face.

         “I…you…who…” she struggles to complete a sentence, and breaks our eye contact, slightly flushing. Untangling her petite limbs, she starts to climb off my bed.

         “I would stay on the bed if I were you,” I say in a soft, warning voice.

         She looks up at me with wide eyes and asks,

         “Who are you?” I notice a slight wobbling in her voice and immediately feel the urge to comfort her.

         “You don’t have to be afraid,” I say, offering a small smile.

         She looks at me, unconvinced.

         “It’s just, I’m not sure if the floor will support your weight,” I try to explain.

         Her mouth twists into a frown and she raises an eyebrow, insulted.

         After realizing what I just said, I rush to add, “Oh, no, no! I didn’t mean that you’re fat! I meant…well…the floor is made of clouds.” I sheepishly scratch the back of my head and force out an awkward laugh.

      “Then how are you standing on it?” she asks.

      “Umm…”

      Ignoring my clever response, she scoots back to the middle of my bed, bringing her knees up to her face.

      “I want to go home,” she declares, not looking at me.

      “I, um, don’t exactly know how you got here,” I admit.

      Her pretty eyes suddenly flash back to me and I gulp. They move up and down, assessing me. I shuffle back self-consciously.

      “So it wouldn’t help if I screamed, right?”