Chapter Fifteen~ Hayden.

(A/N) Please reread chapter 14 before this. I completely rewrote it. Thanks.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN~ HAYDEN.

I want to believe him. I really do. But soul mate spirits? That’s completely off the line. It’s farfetched, impossible.

       …

       Isn’t it?

       I stare at the sight in front of me. The bubbly blonde girl stares at me hopefully with doe-like green eyes. She plays with her fingers, not able to stay still. She looks around 17, maybe 18, but her personality makes her sound like a child. She talks on, as if everything was normal. Was it? Did they get visitors often?

      Oh no. I am already starting to believe them. I’m too trusting. It’s always been an issue. I trust, get too attached, and eventually it hurts. Luke… My teeth clench in anger.

      “Stop, Conscience#3,” a melodic voice says quietly. “You’re scaring her. I think.”

      I look up to see both… ‘spirits’ looking at me in concern.

      “You okay, Hayden?” Conscience#3 asks.

      “I don’t like being lied to,” I says flatly, still thinking of what had happened with Luke and I. “You might’ve as well just told me that you’re vampires. Or werewolves, or zombies, or something,” I add.

       Conscience#3 opens her mouth to speak, but Timekeeper interrupts her. 

       “We’re telling you the truth,” he says quietly.

       I look at the man standing before me. He is a tall, lean blonde, with short hair, but long enough if I wanted to run my hand through it. His eyes are brown, almost black. He was probably in his late twenties, but the worry lines around his face made him seem so much older and more serious. Yet, he’s gorgeous. I’m memorized. Timekeeper. Oh my.

       “How can I trust you?” I finally ask, tired and confused by everything going on inside and outside my head.

       “You just have to,” he says with an air of finality. 

       “Timekeeper, take over?” Conscience#3 says, plopping down on the floor.

       His eyes rake over me. Self-consciously, I shift from my ball of protection to a more comfortable position.

       “Okay,” Timekeeper replies, crossing his arms.

       I stare, waiting for him to begin.

       “Like she said,” he nods towards Conscience#3, “there are four of us- the Interceptor, Matetracker, Conscience#3, and I.” His brown eyes shift towards me. “Timekeeper.”

       I nod, drinking in his words, not sure if I believe them or not.

      “We are the Soul Mate Spirits. There are other groups of spirits, but we don’t associate with them. Except Conscience#3.” Said spirit waves. “But I’ll let her explain that later.”

      “Can I do it now?” Conscience#3 begs.

      “No. Let me give her the background first,” Timekeeper says patiently to her. I feel a smile grow on my face. I’m reminded of me.

      “Anyways,” he continues, “Together, our goal is to match up soul mates. But we each have a specific job. Matetracker’s job is to enter the human world and track down soul mates, very simple to understand. She gets a strong feeling, I guess, that lets her know who they are.