Chapter Twenty~ Timekeeper

Previously...

                 "...So what are you going to choose? Stay as the Timekeeper and be with your spirit family or live the rest of this lifetime with your soul mate?..."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CHAPTER TWENTY~ TIMEKEEPER.

            “I’m staying.”

            Everyone turns to Conscience#3. She looks around unsurely.

            “Well, if Interceptor is. If he stays, then I will, too,” she clarifies.

            Cupid slides of his chair, showing his true height of 4’5’’. He walks over to the pair, squeezes in between them, and pats both on the leg, looking very pleased.

            “I knew I’d one day not regret choosing you!” he tells Interceptor.

            “I haven’t decided yet,” said spirit grumbles. Conscience#3 looks up at him with wide eyes.

                  “But you already know my answer,” he automatically declares, gently entwining their fingers.

                  Cupid scrutinizes their joined hands.

                  “You do remember me telling you that I erase all your memories after this meeting is over, right?” he asks casually, walking back to his seat.

                   Interceptor and Conscience#3 freeze.

                  “What?” Interceptor asks.

                  “Oh, you heard me,” Cupid says, avoiding his gaze.

                  “Well, can’t you make an exception?” he demands. “We’re soul mates! You’re Cupid!”

                  Cupid sighs. “I know who I am, thank you very much. I rather you not remind me. And drop that tone. I never said I was done talking!”

                  Interceptor opens his mouth, but Conscience#3 wraps her arm around his, causing him to fall silent.

                 “Yes, listen to your little girlfriend,” Cupid smirks. “As I was saying, technically, I’m supposed to erase all your memories of this meeting. But like I said, this soul mates between soul mate spirits thing has never happened before.  So, I guess, being the god of love and all, I’ll let you keep your knowledge of being soul mates. As least that way, I won’t ever have to replace those jobs again.”

                Conscience#3 beams at him before looking into Interceptor’s eyes lovingly, he to her as well.

                “But,” Cupid warns, “I’m still taking away all the other memories of this meeting.”

                “Uh-huh,” Interceptor says distractedly.

                Cupid sighs and shakes his head.

                “You do them a favor, and they instantly forget about you,” he grumbles under his breath. “Why’d I have to be in charge of love anyways? Why not fortune or something?”

                “I’ve also made my decision,” Matetracker suddenly says in a soft voice. Now, we all turn to look at her. She gazes around at each face with a melancholy expression.