Chapter Eleven~ Hayden

CHAPTER ELEVEN~ HAYDEN.

‘I stare dreamily at the glorious sight in front of me, mouth open and practically drooling. Wow… A rush of desire sweeps me forward and I reach out, can’t believing my luck.

I am just a mere foot away when the hot vision disappears. My hand grabs, but in vain. There’s nothing now, except for me and the empty air. What once was there is now gone.

“No!” I beg. “Come back!”

My lower lip juts out and my eyes start to water as I think about the steaming plate of cinnamon buns that had just vanished. It had been right in front of my face. So close. I had been so close.’

I open my eyes and the aroma of cinnamon buns washes over me. Groggily, I get up and head to Olivia’s kitchen.

The preppy blonde is there, in a white ruffled blouse and faded jeans, sipping coffee.

“Happy Friday!” she chirps, seemingly wide awake. She pushes a warm plate of cinnamon buns in front of my face.

I breathe in the delicious scent before grabbing one greedily.

“How long did we stay up last night?” I mutter with a full mouth.

“A while?” she answers distractedly.

I sigh and get up to fill a cup with coffee.

“So did the food details get sorted out?” I ask, trying for a conversation.

“No,” she says, distressed.

I turn around and gape at her.

“Are you kidding me? You spent at least three hours on the phone arguing with that chef person,” I say.

“SERIOUSLY?!” she screeches.

I jump and coffee sloshes on the counter.

“Jeez, Blondie,” I exclaim. “And yes, three hours. Which is why I never argue with you. I‘m guessing the poor guy didn‘t know you are a lawyer?”

I look at Olivia with a raised eyebrow and she brushes her hair back, pointing to her Bluetooth apologetically.

“Listen, I’m going there now,” she continues, getting up. “Alright, bye.”

I wait for her to end the call before asking grumpily, “So have you talked to me at all this morning?”

“Nope,” she says, grinning.

I give her a wry smile while getting some paper towels to clean up the coffee spill.

“Hayden, I gotta go to the office. You know where everything is,” she says, pouring the remainder of her coffee into a to-go cup.

“Bye, Blondie,” I say, knowing that she hated being called that. Something about blondes and the stereotyped stupidity.

“Today’s suppose to be my day off, but I guess not,” she mumbles, racing to the front door, grabbing a pair of heels, keys, and her jacket in one swift motion along the way.

“Bye and quit calling me ‘Blondie’!” Olivia calls out before closing her door.

After finishing my yummy breakfast, I head to her closet, picking out a forest green tank top, white cardigan, and light jeans. Being the same size as your best friend has perks.

I take a quick shower, then spend the next ten minutes trying to tame my brown curls. Usually, I’d straighten my hair, but I didn’t bring a straightener and Olivia didn’t own one, already having straight hair.