Chapter Seven

To all of my forty five readers: thank you for reading my story! I know it's not good, but I appreciate it. I'm sorry I haven't even done anything in like, 02983409 days, because I've been working like dog, really. Anyway, it's really nice outside, almost feels like summer.

So I'm encouraging you to read my story, THEN go outside. If possible.

Okay?

Alright.

Chapter Seven

Ryder

            I shouldn’t have let her go. I should have ran after her, like anyone else would do. Someone who had the guts to tell her how they felt when they saw her with Henry. But of course, I wasn’t that person, and now I’m left standing here with her bracelet in my hand.

            My chest tightened in anger and sadness as I slipped it in my pocket. I don’t know how I’m going to get myself out of this mess. The people around me seemed involved in their own fantasy to even care about the guy with his heart breaking.

            It’s not like I have anyone to blame.

            I did it to myself.

            Ally wasn’t going to take me back, or talk to me again. I had to come up with some big huge speech of why I was acting like a dick head. My answer? She was with Henry.

            Henry.

            The guy all the girls blabbed about when they weren’t talking about me.

            The guy I knew she thought was so hot, I heard her tell me thousands of times.

            The guy she liked, and probably cared about her too.

            The guy she didn’t see as some sibling.

            I kicked the sand in frustration. So I was a little angry seeing her with Henry, but it wasn’t like I could simply sit there and watch them fall in love. I wouldn’t be okay with that. Just the thought of her with some other guy hurt my insides.

            I shouldn’t care, I pushed her away. Like always, everything is my fault.

            I opened another can of beer, leaning against the rocks, drinking away, feeling sorry for myself. I’m such a fuck up, that’s all I’ll ever be anyway. I was trying to get shit faced when an Angry Jake stormed up to me and punched me in the face before I even had time to react.

            I slammed my back against the rocks and grabbed my jaw.

            “What the fuck?” I shouted. If he kept twitching like that, I’m sure that vein would pop out of his neck. I knew exactly what he was doing, he was defending Ally. He’s always went on about how I’m just going to mess everything up. If I didn’t know better, I would say that he liked her.

            “What the hell is wrong with you, Ryder?” He yelled, waving his hands around in the air like I was stupid.

            “Me?” I snapped, pointing to my jaw. Fucker probably broke it.

            “How can you do something like that to her?” He yelled. I swallowed nervously, trying to look anywhere but at him.

            “She obviously didn’t want anything to do with me.” I scoffed.

            “You’re full of shit, Ryder. You treat her like shit and get mad when she says something.” He said, shaking his head.

            “Jake-“

            “She’s going through a lot, Ryder. She has no one to talk to and she won’t talk to her brother. She came home tonight and they were loading her dad in an ambulance. Do you know how scary that is, to have to come home and wonder if your dad is dead? I don’t, and I sure the hell know that you don’t. You need to get your head out of your ass, Ryder, because Ally was the best person you had around and you just fucking lost her.” He finished. He was huffing and rubbing his hands through his hair. Obviously, his long ass speech had taken the breath out of him.

            He was right, about everything. He knew it, I knew it, but I wasn’t going to admit it.

            That’s why I’m an ass.

            When I didn’t say anything to that, he shook his head and walked away.

            “Go down to the hospital and try talking to her. She needs someone.” He said with his back still to me. He walked toward the other big group of people that were fixing the music and got a drink.

            Shit.

            Lost her for good? Did I? Probably, it makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if I did. Shit. I don’t know anything. I’ve been best friends with her for a very long time, I can’t have just lost her because I was running my mouth.

            I sat in my car and slammed my head against the steering wheel in frustration.  There was a picture stuck in the vent of Ally and I at the beach, with big goofy grins on our faces.

            What if she hates me?

            I couldn’t handle that, I think I would probably break into a million more pieces if I knew she hated me.

            Why am I feeling sorry for myself? I caused it.

            I always do this.

            I always push people away.

            My mom, who never comes home, my dad, who left before I even had a chance to fully screw up, and now Ally.

            She was all I had left and I pushed her away.

            Maybe I was better off alone.