Chapter 2

Title: Sacrifice

Relationship: Clarke and Lexa (Clexa)

Author: ArshuK

Beta: Thundering Ice

CHAPTER-2

Bellamy feels like his heart is shattered into a million pieces as his sister informs him of the news. He has tried going to Clarke's room four times since. Each time, Raven greets him with a morose face, shakes her head sadly, and informs him that she isn't there. Now, he is there for the fifth time, ready to knock when he realizes something. The door is basically an analogy to his life. Like the door, there will always be barriers in his life to stop him from having the girl he loves. He observes the intricate design on the door. The intermingled lines remind him of how fucked up his life has become. How it has become so intermingled with Clarke's. How he does not know what to do without her. His hand is still in the air, ready to knock, when his sister pokes his head out of the said door.

" Again, she is not-"

"Here." Raven's voice completes Octavia's sentence.

Bellamy looks away from the piercing stare of his sister and moves back only to be stopped by Octavia's hand as she places it reassuringly on her brother's.

"She is not avoiding you. I promise. She has just gone to talk to Abby. I know this isn't easy on you, Bell, but you need to face the reality of this. I have already packed my things and Raven is packing Clarke's."

These words really jolt Bellamy into the actual reality. He feels it crushing him and suffocating him. He feels his eyes sting, but he will not cry in front of his sister. He will stay strong.

"I did not agree to go with her just for her, Bellamy. I did it for you too."

Bellamy nods, expressing the gratitude he is feeling for his sister on his face,

"Thank you, O. At least, she will have someone there who she can rely on and trust."

"I will take care of her. I promise, but it's time for you to accept that she is no longer yours."

Bellamy whispers in a heartbreaking voice, "She never was."

Octavia opens her mouth to object, but he beats her to it and continues, " I should have known, Octavia. Abby would never have let her daughter marry me. After all, I tried to kill Abby's best friend, Jaha. I just kept thinking, hoping, that if we were able to win this battle, if I were to be able to prove myself to her, it would be ok. I would be able to marry her. I should have seen how foolish that notion was in the first place. So so foolish. "

"It's hard to fight against life, brother. No matter how hard you try, it comes back to bite you on the ass."

Bellamy nods in dejection.

"What do I do now?" His voice pleads. He no longer is the strong, fearless brother Octavia was used to. He is nothing but a broken, hollow man now.

Octavia gives him a small smile as she says,

"You love her. You show her you love her, show her you are there for her. Who knows what the future holds for you, Bell, but her future is marked. Your one mistake will ruin her whole life. She is reckless and headstrong, but she will forsake her nature for her people. She is doing this for us, Bellamy. Respect this and accept Abby's decision. What you need to do now is love her till she leaves."

"You want me to show her that I love her by not showing myself?" Bellamy chuckles darkly and leaves.

She is hiding in the small room on the roof. She does not want to speak to anyone because she has no words and neither has she the ability to listen to people giving their fake congratulations on her soon to be marriage. She was treated like a trade utility, exchanged to keep the country healthy and running. She feels tears starting to leak her out of her eyes, and she doesn't try to stop them. This might be the last time she is allowed to cry freely, for she fears that is she going to be a prisoner very soon. How is it that life is still unsatisfied after all it's taken from her?